1. Who has been elected as the new Secretary General of the United Nations?
Portugal’s ex-Prime Minister, Antonio Guterres has been officially appointed as the 9th UN secretary-general by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
2. The 2016 Women of India Festival has started in which of the following cities?
Maneka Gandhi, the Union Minister of Women and Child Development, has launched the 2016 Women of India Festival at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
3. What is the theme of 2016 World Standards Day (WSD)?
[A]International Standards – Creating confidence globally
[B]Standards level the playing field
[C]Standards Build Trust
[D]Standards – the world’s common language
The 2016 theme is “Standards Build Trust”.
4. The National Seismic Programme (NSP) has been launched in which state of India?
The National Seismic Programme (NSP) has been launched by Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan in Odisha to trace hydrocarbon resources like oil and natural gas in Mahanadi basin.
5. Shahlyla Ahmadzai Baluch, who passed away recently, was a football player of which country?
Shahlyla Ahmadzai Baluch (21), one of the finest strikers for Pakistan women’s football team.
6. Who of the following has been selected for the Sri Maharshi Valimiki Jayanti Award for 2016-17?
[D]S G Siddaramaiah
Former Minister Veeranna has been selected for the Sri Maharshi Valimiki Jayanti Award for the year 2016-17, which is instituted by the Karnataka government.
7. Who has been appointed as Whole-Time Member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
Gurumoorthy Mahalingam has been appointed as Whole-Time Member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
8. Which Indian personality has been awarded for ‘Excellence in Technical Innovation’ by the International Society of Automation (ISA)?
Satish Pathak, a Pune-based innovator, has been awarded for ‘Excellence in Technical Innovation’ by the International Society of Automation (ISA).
9. Which former chief minister has been awarded by Ugandan government for his literary work?
Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, the former Uttarakhand chief minister, has been conferred with the prestigious award.
10. The first-ever BRICS-BIMSTEC Outreach Summit will be held in which state of India?
India is hosting the 8th BRICS Summit, followed by first-ever BRICS-BIMSTEC Outreach Summit in Goa on October 15, 2016
31 total views, 2 views today