1. What is the theme of the 2017 World Heritage Day (WHD)?
[A] World Heritage for Tourism
[B] Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism
[C] The Heritage of Sport
[D] Cultural Heritage for Tourism
Explanation: The World Heritage Day (WHD) is being observed every year on April 18 to spread awareness of the importance of protecting and preserving various sites around the world that have achieved world heritage status. The 2017 theme is “Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism”. The world heritage sites are officially recognised by the UN and the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation, UNESCO.
2. Who has been bestowed with the Dr. Paduru Gururaja Bhat Memorial Award 2017?
[A] A V Narasimha Murthy
[B] N Jayaram
[C] B K Chandrashekhar
[D] P Sripathi Tantry
Explanation: Prof. A.V. Narasimha Murthy, the noted historian and archaeologist, has bestowed with the prestigious Dr. Paduru Gururaja Bhat Memorial Award 2017 in Udupi, Karnataka for his contribution to Indian Archaeology, Ancient History and Numismatics. The award carries a citation and a purse of Rs. 50,000.
3. Who has been bestowed with the 6th edition of MS Swaminathan award?
[A] C. Parthasarathy
[B] M Y Saxena
[C] M V R Prasad
[D] R R Hanchinal
Explanation: Dr. Rayappa Ramappa Hanchinal has been bestowed with the 6th edition of prestigious M.S. Swaminathan Award for contribution in the field of agriculture. Dr Hanchinal received the award for his contributions and sustained support to the areas of crop improvement for hot and very hot dry environments, seed production technology and intellectual protection rights in plant varieties.
4. Which state government has recently signed a reworked MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for Barmer refinery?
[A] Uttar Pradesh
[B] Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The Rajasthan government has recently signed a reworked MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for the Rs 43,129 crore Barmer refinery. The Barmer refinery will be the first in the country to produce BS-6 standard fuel. The state government will have 26% stake in the project while rest will be held by HPCL.
5. What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 18, according to the World Bank’s latest report “Globalization Backlash”?
Explanation: According to the latest report of World Bank titled “Globalization Backlash”, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to grow at 7.2% for FY 18, from 6.8% in FY 16. The international agency expects the fiscal, inflation and external conditions in India to remain stable and a gradual GDP growth rise to 7.7% in 2019-20.
6. Which IIT institute will start ‘Vastu Shastra’ classes for architecture students?
[A] IIT Kharagpur
[B] IIT Bombay
[C] IIT Madras
[D] IIT Indore
Explanation: India’s oldest and largest Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), IIT Kharagpur will start “Vastu Shastra” classes for architecture students from the next academic session i.e. starting from August 2017. It will be introduced to undergraduate students as part of courses on basic design and history of architecture.
7. Which country is hosting the 3rd Edition of Global Exhibition on Services (GES – 2017)?
[C] South Korea
Explanation: The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the 3rd edition of the Global Exhibition on Services (GES-2017) on April 17, 2017 at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The GES-2017 will highlight India’s potential to boost its services exports across sectors. The 4-day event will be held at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida and will focus on 20 services sectors, including information technology, tourism and hospitality, logistics, education and financial services.
8. The Manipur government has launched ‘DARPAN’ web portal to check corruption. What does “DARPAN” stands for? [A] Digital Application for Revalue by Public And Nation [B] Digital Application for Reappraisal by Public And Nation [C] Digital Application for Review by Public And Nation [D] Digital Application for Reassessment by Public And Nation
Explanation: The Chief Minister of Manipur , Nongthombam Biren Singh has recently launched two web applications to check corruption and to keep track of government activities. The newly launched web-sites are Anti-Corruption Cell and Digital Application for Review by Public And Nation (DARPAN), which will monitor all government funded projects and ensure transparency and accountability.
9. Which union ministry has launched nation-wide training programme for Elected Women representatives (EWRs) of Panchayats?
[A] Ministry of Home Affairs
[B] Ministry of Human Resource Development
[C] Ministry of Women and Child Development
[D] Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Explanation: The Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has launched a nationwide programme for capacity building of Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) of Panchayats and a training program for trainers of women panchayat leaders on April 17, 2017 at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
10. Who has won the 2017 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix tournament?
[A] Sebastian Vettel
[B] Felipe Massa
[C] Lewis Hamilton
[D] Valtteri Bottas
Explanation: Sebastian Vettel, a German racing driver for Scuderia Ferrari, has won the 2017 Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix tournament at Bahrain International Circuit in Bahrain.
29 total views, 2 views today