All you need to know about NMAT by GMACRahul Singh
The Value of the NMAT by GMAC™ Exam
As a candidate interested in pursuing an MBA or other graduate management degree in India you are faced with an important choice – which test or tests should you take to pursue the career of your dreams. Here are four reasons why you should take the NMAT exam:
It is accepted as an admissions criterion by the leading management institutions in India.
It measures the skills needed to succeed in business school.
It measures the skills needed to succeed in business school. Here are some ways that we drive that confidence:
- Taking the test multiple times: You can take the NMAT three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives you the confidence that you have more than a single opportunity to perform your very best.
- Choosing the section order: The NMAT allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test. This allows you to play to your strengths.
- You can revise your answers: You can review your answers at the end of each section so you always have the opportunity to revise if you’re not sure of your original response.
- No negative marking – Sometimes you’re just not sure of the right answer on the test and are running out of time. Well you can make an informed guess instead of skipping a question without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer. The system of no negative marking is in line with global practices.
Finally, it is designed for your convenience
- Choosing a date, time and location of your convenience: A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient test date. The 75-day test window opens the first week of October and extends through the third week of December.
- Self-scheduling: You can choose your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
- Register for the NMAT exam from your mobile – allowing you to register anytime and anywhere.
- Testing locations – you can choose from any of 27 conveniently located testing centers to take the exam
- Sending scores to up to 7 programmes for free. You can choose to select the list of programmes you want to send your scores to before or after taking the exam. Up to 7 programmes are included in your registration fee. However, you will be able to send your scores to more than 7 programmes before or after you register for an additional fee.
- Applying to business schools after reviewing results. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained
Easy Registration Steps:
Registration and Payment:
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test centre. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Pay the test fee.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your primary and secondary ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the “Programme Details” section. Up to 7 programmes are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each programme added in excess of 7 programs.
- You must upload a photograph that bears likeness to you and the photograph on your primary ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring
Schedule Your Exam
Once your registration is complete and your payment has been received, you will receive an email with your username and password, allowing you to schedule the exam. Candidates will be able to select the date, time slot, and test centre of choice based on the availability of seats. The test slots will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email once you have scheduled your exam.
Fees and Details:
Colleges Accepting NMAT Scores:
Today the NMAT is accepted by the following leading institutions and this list is growing. Pursuing a management degree at one of these universities makes the pursuit of your dreams that much easier.
- NMIMS University, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Ansal University, Delhi NCR
- ICFAI University, Hyderabad and other locations
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- Munjal University, Delhi
- NIIT University, Delhi NCR
- Shoolini University, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Chennai
- Thapar University, Chandigarh
- VIT University, Vellore
- Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad
Structure & Features
The NMAT™ exam is computer-delivered and gives each candidate a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, delivered one-at-a-time. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. Candidates have a choice of selecting the order/sequence of the test sections.
The NMAT exam has three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning.
The three sections of the NMAT are individually timed. Test takers must answer questions and review answers of each section within the allotted time. Test takers must review their answers before moving to another section of the exam, as once the candidate closes out of a section, all answers are final.