How to Prepare for CAT Examination in 3 months ?CATKing
How to Crack CAT in 3 months
CAT is not a mystery, it is a combination of Hard Work + Intelligence.
In less than 100 days for the biggest management entrance exam, here are some strategies that will help you to Crack CAT in 3 months-
- Stay glued: It is difficult to prepare for CAT with a whole year to prepare! The pressure brought about due to the double-digit countdown of days to CAT is actually the best kick-in-the-ass needed to get started. This is particularly effective when you have to Crack CAT in 3 months starts from scratch. But you have to be regular – at least a couple of sectional tests and a-once-a-week full-length Mock CAT is the right way forward.
- Gather the materials required for preparation: Break your preparation in 3 parts i.e basic, intensive, mock tests. Catking books and mock tests which are available at catking.in can be referred for CAT preparation.
- One problem; multiple approaches: Most important trick. Take a simple problem and try solving it in many different ways. It helps you cultivate a quick-thinking ability and gives you contingency strategies in case you get stuck in the real CAT.
- Strategic sitting hours is very important: You must make it a habit to focus for 2 – 2.5 hours of your single sitting and ensure you have the highest concentration during that stint.
- Improve your vocabulary and the ability to comprehend data: Follow Norman Lewis Word Power, Read News Papers The Hindu+EconomicTimes, if not possible then go for TOI, try to make a note of words that are new to you.
- Analyze performances in Mock CATS: Everyone reiterates it and almost always does this advice go unheard. Don’t give 20 Mock CATs and feel good about yourself. Give one or at most two Mock CATs in any given week and spend ages analyzing everything. Most people get even this part wrong. Analyze does not mean checking which all questions you got wrong alone. Pay heed to the topics and types of questions that you are consistently doing well at. Find these questions in your real CAT and tackle them ASAP once the test begins. Also, your analysis should reveal to you which areas are hurting you – in terms of time spent as well as in terms of accuracy. If you have over a month to go, focus on improving these areas. Else forget them and avoid them at all costs in the actual CAT.
If you do justice to your preparation, Take it for granted nothing can stop you from a great life.
Wish you all the best
144 total views, 2 views today