Strategy for CMATCATKing
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is conducted by AICTE, for admissions to MBA & other Post Graduate Diploma courses in Management. CMAT scores are accepted by various B-schools, all over the country.
The exam has 4 sections. Now, there is no specific formula that will ensure that you crack a particular exam. However, forming a strategy to prepare for it, will ensure a high probability of clearing the admission cut-offs.
Following is a strategy to help you prepare well for this exam:-
1) Past Papers: This is the first step that you should take, while preparing for CMAT. Solving previous years’ papers will give you an idea about how the actual paper is going to be. You will be introduced to all types of questions, ranging from the simple ones, to the complex.
Once you take this step, you will get a good idea about the pattern, difficulty level, and distribution of the different questions. You can then use this for prioritizing all the different topics in your prep schedule.
2) Schedule: Make a proper schedule for your studies and follow it. This will ensure that your progress in your studies is steady.
However, do not forget to relax once in a while. Be a bit flexible in your schedule. Take breaks, and if you relax too much, compensate for it by putting in extra time. You do not want to study rigorously for months and burn yourself out before the exam.
3) Quantitative Aptitude: Your focus should be on Arithmetic and Modern Maths. Make sure that your basics are strong and you are familiar with all the different types of questions from these two topics. For DI, focus on bar graphs and pie charts.
Apart from all this, be well–versed with other topics as well, such as Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Number Systems, Trigonometry, etc.
Keep revising tables, squares, cubes, percentage values, etc. for an increased calculation speed. Keep revising formulas on a regular basis. While revising formulas, keep making notes on the different applications of these formulas in the questions.
4) Language Comprehension: Focus on Parajumbles, Fill in the blanks, Synonyms and Antonyms, Idioms, Sentence Correction, Phrases and others. Reading Comprehension passages are usually of a moderate length in CMAT and should be a regular part of your preparation.
After solving past papers, gather all the new words that you find in them, and understand and memorize them. This will increase your vocabulary.
Read magazines daily. This will help you in Reading Comprehension, as well as in General Awareness.
Read Novels/Books daily.
5) Logical Reasoning: Topics to focus on are Arrangements (Linear, Circular, etc.), Statements and Assumptions, Cause & Effect, Statement & Conclusions, Coding/De-coding, Missing terms, Puzzles. Be familiar with the other topics as well.
Practicing Logical Reasoning questions regularly, is the best way to ensure progress in your speed and accuracy with these questions.
6) General Awareness: CMAT has negative marking. Therefore GK is not a section that you can take lightly. A wrong answer may cost you a mark and may affect your chances in clearing the admission cut-offs. However, if prepared properly and attempted carefully, General Awareness can be one of the most scoring sections.
Topics to focus on, for Current Affairs, are the recent Business events, Environment, International Affairs, Famous Awards & Prizes, Sports, Automotive Sector, Entertainment, Finance, Politics, Social Issues, Government & Policies, Books & Authors.
From the past papers, figure out the commonly asked topics/subjects from Static GK. Make yourself familiar with these facts. This might include famous politicians, Indian History, States and Capitals, etc.
While studying GK, make sure that you approach it topic-wise. Do not just gobble up random facts. Approach it topic-by-topic and keep making notes for each topic.
Make sure that on the day of the exam, you are well-versed with the current affairs of the previous 6 months.
Read an English Newspaper daily.
7) Speed: Make sure to keep increasing your solving speed, while preparing for CMAT. To do this, set a timer while solving questions. It’ll give you a fair idea of the time taken to solve each type of question. You can then gauge and improve your speed respectively.
The above tips will help you to develop a proper strategy for the exam. Follow these tips and increase your scores.
All the Best!!
53 total views, 2 views today