Top 10 MBA Colleges in MumbaiRahul Singh
Mumbai is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It has got a very good exposure in terms of Management Studies. Students from various states come to study in the top Management institutes of Mumbai. Mumbai does not only provide top management institutes but also good Job opportunities into different sectors for students after completing their MBA.
Out of all the top colleges in Mumbai, here we provide a list of Top 10 MBA Institutes with the insights of the courses, fees and placements of the colleges in Mumbai.
- SP. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is a constituent of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and is known as one of the premier business schools of India. SPJIMR’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a two year full time residential program equivalent to an MBA. The program offers specialization in Finance, Marketing, Operation, Information Management. The fee of SPJIMR for 2016- 2017 was 16.5L with an average placement of 19.3L. This college accepts CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. SPJIMR is the only college that selects students in the first round on the basis of their profile and the second selection is done on the basis of entrance exam scores and performance at the GD PI.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) is the Department of Management Studies of theUniversity of Mumbai. It is known for its post-graduate management program (Masters in Management Studies, equivalent to an MBA). JBIMS is also known as the ‘CEO Factory’, which has given a list of alumni who have reached top positions in various MNCs. The admission process of JBIMS for the year 2017 – 2018 will be through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) process of DTE (Directorate of Technical Education). Scores of CAT and CET will be accepted for the admission process. The average placement at JBIMS is 18.76L with the lowest fees compared to the other premier Business Schools.
- National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering (NITIE) is one of the top institutes not only in Mumbai but in India. Admission to PGDBM program which is equivalent to MBA was made through one of the following five all India entrance tests CAT/JMET/ATMA/MAT/XAT. NITIE is only for engineers and offers an average salary of 15.82L with the fees of 4.19L for a year.
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT B The institute’s flagship program, Master of Management is a two-year course equivalent to MBA is well known in India. The annual fee for SJMSOM is around 2.25L and offers an average salary of 16.5L.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS) is a private university in Mumbai. NMIMS has been awarded as A*** ratings by CRISIL. NMIMS which offers MBA in both Core and HR have an extensive curriculum with outstanding corporate exposure, and hence ranks among the top 10 colleges not just in Mumbai but also in India. It offered an average salary of 17.09L for 2014 – 2016 batch with a fee around 19L.
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS): The master’s degree program in Human Resource Management and Labor Relations offered at the TISS Mumbai campus is one of the most prestigious programs in the field of HR in India. TISS which is ranked among the top 10 colleges not only in Mumbai but in India. Which offered an average of 17.4 for the year 2014 – 2016 batch with a fee of just 1.92L for the 2 years full time HR course.
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) is a management institute under university of Mumbai. SIMSREE offers both MMS (Masters of Management Studies) which is full time post graduate degree equivalent to MBA and PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management) approved by AICTE. SIMSREE is well know institute run by government and has good placements of 10.22L as an average salary and fee for both MMS and PGDBM is 69000/- p.a
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research has post graduate diploma in management program which is equivalent to MBA. KJ Somaiya is among the top 10 MBA institutes in Mumbai due its good placements. KJ Somaiya, since located in Mumbai has got a good corporate exposure. It offers an average salary of 9.4L and fee for 2015-2016 was 4L.
- N.L. Dalmia Institute of management studies and Research offers both MMS (Masters in Management studies) and PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management). N.L Dalmia Institute is among those institutes which admit students without any management quota. It offers an average salary of 7L p.a for its 2 years full time program. The fee of N.L Dalmia is 5L for its program.
- L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, also known as “WeSchool” features among the top Business Schools in India. Run by charitable trust Shikshan Prasarak Mandali, Pune.WeSchool offers both MMS and PGDM. In PGDM, the institute provides a variety of courses such as PGDM-E commerce, Business Design, Retail Management, Rural Management, Healthcare Management etc. The fee of WeSchool is 4.30L for a year and it offers an average salary of 6.5L p.a.