10 Tips to Crack CETCATKing
The Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra for admission to MBA colleges. It is a test of speed which contains 200 questions supposed to be answered in 150 minutes. Though the relieving part is that there is no negative marking. To ace the exam:
1. First of all, get hold of practice papers/mock tests that help build speed that is of utmost importance during this test. It is a test of speed and accuracy, and practice makes an aspirant perfect in this aforementioned test.
2. One major difference in CET (over other MBA entrances) is that questions from different test areas are jumbled. The first question might be from Verbal Ability and the question following the first could be from either Quantitative Aptitude or Logical Reasoning.
3. For any entrance, visiting NCERT books of elementary school is necessary; likewise for CET. Concept over application; in fact, concept along with application require this.
4. Tables, squares and cubes need to be on your tips for successful mental calculation. These are major areas of Arithmetic topic in quants.You should try to develop approximations, decimal-fractions and percentage for better performance.
5. Vocabulary can be improved by referring to newspapers and reading books; also by adhering to a dictionary regularly. You need to learn new words, adopt the right usage and ensure that you have an eye for mistakes. Apart from the above mentioned ways, click here to know why students score low in verbal
6. Identify your strengths and weaknesses because it get imperative to turn your weaknesses into strengths and refine your strengths further in the race to succeed.
7. Develop a discipline of solving questions 30 minutes per day. If you do that, you develop patience and speed to excel in the 150 minutes final test.
8. Once you’ve identified your strengths and weaknesses, it is really important to set small improvement targets and see if you are meeting those targets. You climb a ladder, one step a time, not all at once. It is also to analyze your progress time to time. One should also be aware of the CET exam pattern of the previous year
9. It’s not limited to pre-exam preparation. A strategic approach needs to be followed even during the test. Questions that cannot be answered in the first go can be marked to be revisited later. Doing this increases accuracy as well as total attempts in the exam.
10. Last but definitely not the least, as important as anything else is sufficient rest for the body. You should ensure that you eat healthy during the exam season and sleep well to be fresh enough to retain as well as apply.