CAT 2017 Registration Process & Application ProcedureCATKing
CAT 2017 Overview
Common Admission Test (CAT 2017) is one of the entrance exams for pursuing post graduation. It offers a big opportunity to candidates for taking admissions in 19 Indian Institute of Management(IIMs).The IIM conducting CAT will issue the application form for the test online.This year IIM Lucknow is going to set paper for CAT 2017.
CAT 2017 Registration Process
CAT 2017 candidate will have to download the application form, a link will be provided on this page for the convenience of the aspirants. Candidates have to register themselves for the test before filling CAT 2017 application form. For login id and password, the candidate must enter necessary details properly.This login in credentials should be used by applicants to fill CAT 2017 application form. Candidates are also required to upload the essential documents and scanned application form.Images of candidate’s photograph and signature. The images must be accurate as per the required size and format mentioned by the conducting authority. Candidates are required to pay the necessary fee. The application fee is expected to be around Rs. 1700/- (SC/ST/PWD/DA: Rs. 850/-) for CAT 2017. Avoid making mistakes while filling the Application form for Common Admission Test.If there are errors in application form than candidates would be disqualified for CAT 2017.
CAT 2017 Dates
These are the tentative dates:-
- The minimum qualification required is bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). If the obtained marks are in the form of CGPA then it would be converted to percentage marks based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where the candidate has passed his/her bachelor degree.
- The candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree and whose results are waiting are also eligible to apply for CAT 2017.
The candidate must have the following before they start filling the CAT registration form –
- A valid email ID and a mobile number should be provided. The ID and the number must remain active until the end of the admission process.
- Scores of Class 10 & 12 and the Bachelor’s degree or equivalent exam percentage or CGPA.
- The total years and months of work experience.
- The name of IIM that candidates want to apply.
- The name of the city in which they wish to appear exam according to their convenience.
- Scanned image of the candidate’s passport size photograph (colored), signature, and the category certificate under which they are applying.
- The Net Banking, credit card and debit card details to pay the application fee
Steps that the candidates must follow while filling in the application form of CAT 2017 –
- CAT 2017 registration is to be done online only.
- Registration will remain open only until 45 days from the day it starts.
- You will automatically apply online for CAT 2017 when you register for CAT 2017.
- In the case of filling incorrect information in online application form, not only aspirant will be treated as invalid but the registration fee will also be forfeited.
- In 3 steps registration will be completed.
- Before you start filling the registration form please read the instructions carefully.
- In registration, form aspirants can edit any number of times and aspirants can also save and exit the form and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- After aspirants filling CAT online registration form and online application form they have to pay fees.
- If aspirants do not pay the exam fee after completing the registration form, the application form will be regarded as incomplete and aspirants will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2017 Exam.
Note: –After the candidate has successfully submitted the application form, a confirmation message will be sent to candidate’s registered email ID. So it is necessary to enter email ID correctly while registering for the exam.It will also include additional details such as Admit card window.
Candidates can also click on this link to cross check the official announcement–https://iimcat.ac.in/per/g01/pub/756/ASM/WebPortal/1/index.html?756@@1@@1