Neha Rathore’s Secret to Score 98.97 % ileCATKing
Success Mantra of Neha to score 98.97%ile in CAT Exam?
“Believe in yourself and the world will believe in you.” This quote is something that kept me motivated through the whole CAT Exam phase from a dreamer to an achiever. This is something that everyone should follow in order to achieve their dreams.The key is to stay focused and dedicated with no excuses involve.
From which Colleges did you get an Interview Call after CAT Exam?
Scoring 98.97 percentile in CAT Exam opened doors of a lot of colleges. But the colleges that made a huge difference and made me cross check twice to confirm that i was qualified for the interview round were IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Shillong, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak.
Did you appear for any other Entrance Exam?
Other than CAT Exam I appeared for NMAT and my score was 228.
What Study Material did you refer for your entrance exam?
One of the major problems that every CAT Aspirant goes through is collecting study material from everywhere and end up panicking because there is too much going on and very less time. So one of the major tips is to follow one consolidated study material. For me, CATKing books and Mocks helped a lot. 20% of the CAT Paper is related to the Past CAT Papers and CATKing Books have all the questions from the Past CAT Exam. Due to this a candidate also gets an idea of what to expect in the exam and the level of difficulty in the exam.
How many Mocks did you give?
Mocks play a major role in this journey. Every CAT Aspirants should take the Mocks religiously. Every Mock should be assumed to be your CAT Exam. This will help to remove the anxiety and help to build accuracy which would be of great help in the actual CAT Exam. I gave 50 CATking Mocks to improve my accuracy and build my strategies to avoid glitches in the actual CAT Exams. The CATKing Mocks gave detailed video and graph analysis to improve my score and build better strategies to Crack CAT.
Any Important topics that you think the aspirants should focus on?
For Quants – Numbers, Permutation, and Combination, Geometry
For Verbal – Reading Comprehensions and Critical Reasoning
For DI and LR – Arrangements and 1 DI set every day
What is the idle time to study for CAT per day?
Average 1 hours per day for the first 6 months.
Average 2-3 hours per day for the next 4 months.
Average 5 hours per day for the last 1 and a half month.
What Tips would you give to the future CAT Aspirants that you followed during your preparation for CAT?
One of the major rules that every aspirant should follow is to Believe in themselves and their ability.The moment you start doubting and thinking about all the negative scenarios you tend to take a major step towards failure. So positivity and to believe in oneself is the key to success. Every individual has different weaknesses and strengths and they should build their strategies accordingly. I followed the following rules that i would suggest every CAT Aspirant should follow –
- Analyze Mocks – Now everyone will tell you to give Mocks but if you give 60 mocks and don’t analyze the mocks it’s of no use. It’s better to give 30 Analyzed mocks. The difference would be huge and you would easily build your own strategies and realize your strengths and weaknesses.
- Time Management- If a candidate gets stuck on one question they should leave it and move further. If the candidate invests all their time on one question they may lose out on easy questions at the end. Candidates have to get rid of the urge to solve every question.
- Skimming- The moment you start the exam skim through the section.At times there are easy questions hidden at the end or in the middle of the section. Candidates should not lose out on those hidden easy questions because that would play a major role to make or break your section in the CAT Exam.
- Focus – “Success is a journey, not a destination” Candidates should make sure to be the better version of themselves. For example, if a person is scoring 8/10 they should not think about the 8 marks that they scored but about the 2 marks that they lost.This is very important and would help you to shoot up your score.
- This is not a tip just for CAT but in life that I remind myself every day that if you want to achieve something strive for it like there is someone constantly trying to take that away from you this would help you to give your A game in whatever you do.
151 total views, 2 views today