1. Which country to host 2017 BRICS Film Festival?
[B] South Africa
Explanation: The 2017 BRICS Film Festival will be held in Chengdu, southwest China’s Sichuan Province from June 23 to 27. During the festival, 30 films from BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) will be screened, including an anthology by five directors from the aforementioned countries, “Where has the time gone”. The feature film consisting of five 18-minute shorts on the same theme is a joint work by Walter Salles from Brazil, Aleksey Fedorchenko from Russia, Madhur Bhandarkar from India, Jahmil X. T. Qubeka from South Africa, and Jia Zhangke from China. The first BRICS Film Festival was held in New Delhi, India in September 2016.
2. The UN Chinese Language Day is observed on which date?
[A] April 23
[B] April 20
[C] April 21
[D] April 22
Explanation: The UN Chinese Language Day is observed every year on April 20 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to raise awareness and respect for the history, culture and achievements of each of the six official languages of the world body. April 20 was chosen as the date for the Chinese language to pay tribute to Cang Jie, a mythical figure who is presumed to have invented Chinese characters about 5,000 years ago
3. Which country to host the first-ever World Ocean Festival (WOF)?
[D] United States
Explanation: The first-ever World Ocean Festival (WOF) will be held in New York City, United States from June 4, 2017, which will be organized by the Global Brian Foundation (GBF). As part of the festival, activists and enthusiasts will take to the streets and waterways of New York City to raise their voices to reverse the declining health of our oceans.
4. Giuseppina Nicolini has been honoured with the 2017 Felix Houphouet Boigny Peace Prize. She hails from which country?
Explanation: The 2017 Felix Houphouet-Boigny Peace Prize has been awarded to Giuseppina Nicolini, Mayor of Lampedusa (Italy) and to the nongovernmental organization ‘SOS Mediterranee (France)’ for their work to save the lives of refugees and migrants and welcome them with dignity. SOS Mediterranee is a civic, European organization for the rescue of people in distress in the Mediterranean. The prize includes a cheque of USD 150,000, a gold medal and a peace diploma. The Felix Houphouet-Boigny Peace Prize was created in 1989 to honor individuals or public and private bodies or institutions that have made a significant contribution to promoting, seeking, safeguarding or maintaining peace in conformity with the United Nations’ Charter and the Constitution of UNESCO.
5. Which Indian cricketer will be honoured with the 75th Master Dinanath Mangeshkar award for his outstanding contribution to Indian Cricket?
[A] Gundappa Viswanath
[B] Sunil Gavaskar
[C] Kapil Dev
[D] Ravi Shastri
6. India has contributed how much amount to United Nations (UN) Election assistance programme?
7. Who has been chosen for the 2016 Sahitya Akademi Award for translation in English language?
[A] A R Vankatachalapathy
[B] Sri Aniruddhan Vasudevan
[C] Githa Hariharan
[D] K Satchidanandan
8. Who has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement (LTA) award at the 80th Bengal Film Journalists’ Association (BFJA) awards-2017?
[A] Moushumi Chatterjee
[B] Chiranjeet Chakraborty
[C] Prosenjit Chatterjee
[D] Rituparna Sengupta
9. India has recently signed pact with which country for defence shipbuilding?
[C] South Korea
10. Which All India Radio (AIR) has been honoured with the 26th edition of Lelte Award?
[A] AIR Aizawl
[B] AIR Bhopal
[C] AIR Lucknow
[D] AIR Delhi
35 total views, 2 views today