1.The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated on which day in India?
Explanation:The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated annually in India on December 7 to honour the sacrifices of brave soldiers, airmen and sailors of India. The day is dedicated towards collection of funds from people for the welfare of the Armed Forces personnel.
2. The 2016 India International Science festival (IISF) has started in which city?
Explanation:The 2016 India International Science festival (IISF) has started at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus in New Delhi from December 7 and will continue till 11th of this month.
3. The Center of Excellence in Information Technology will be established by the Government of India (GoI) in which country?
Explanation:The Government of India (GoI) will establish a Center of Excellence in Information Technology at Egypt’s oldest and most prestigious Al-Azhar University.
4. Which is the most powerful language according to the 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI)?
Explanation:English has been ranked first in the top 10 most powerful languages in the world according to the 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI) published by World Economic Forum (WEF).
5. Which of the following has become the India’s first parliamentary constituency to have health insurance for all?
Explanation:The Vijayawada Parliamentary constituency has become the India’s first parliamentary constituency to have health insurance for all from a new born to senior citizens.
6. Which Indian bank has been adjudged the “Best Bank for SME Lending” by Assocham?
[A]Punjab National Bank
[B]State Bank of India
[D]Bank of Baroda
Answer: Option C
Explanation:Vijaya Bank has been adjudged “Best Bank for SME Lending” by The Associate Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) at the 4th SMEs Excellence Award function in New Delhi.
7. Srinivasa Iyer Ramaswamy, who recently passed away, was related to which field?
Answer: Option A
Explanation:Srinivasa Iyer Ramaswamy (81), the noted political satirist and founder editor of Thuglak magazine, has recently passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
8. “Resourcesat-2A” remote sensing satellite has been launched by which launch vehicle?
Answer: Option B
Explanation:The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched the remote sensing satellite “Resource sat-2A” into orbit by the PSLV C-36 launch vehicle at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Andhra Pradesh.
9. “AP Purse mobile app” has been launched by which state government to promote digital transactions?
Answer: Option C
Explanation:The Andhra Pradesh Government has recently launched AP Purse mobile application to promote digital transactions among the people in Vijayawada.
10. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of India (CJI)?
[C]Madan B Lokur
[D]Jagdish Singh Khehar
Answer: Option D
Explanation:Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar has been appointed as the 44th Chief Justice of India. He will be sworn-in as the CJI on January 4, 2017.
41 total views, 2 views today