What is GMAT?
The GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test is a standardized test that prospective students are normally required to take as a part of the requirement for entering graduate studies related to management or business, such as an MBA. GMAT is a computer-adaptive test which assesses a person’s analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills in standard written English. It is conducted by GMAC (The Graduate Management Admission Council) GMAT is a computer adaptive test which implies that the candidate will get one question at a time and based on the accuracy of the previous answer, the difficulty level of the next question will be ascertained.
Who can take the exam?
The eligibility criteria for the GMAT exam has not been officially stated by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), but the candidates must possess the following qualification to take admission in the MBA programme of foreign university.
- Candidate must be a graduate from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate must be proficient in English Language.
- The candidate must be minimum 18 years of age.
- There is no upper age limit to take the GMAT exam.
Apart from these there are no other eligibility criteria specified by the GMAT exam conducting authorities, whereas the institute or university in which the student will take admission may have some eligibility condition and they may vary from university to university.
What is the exam fees?
The application fee for GMAT is $250, which would roughly translate to Rs. 15,000-16,000 approximately.
Click here to avail the GMAT prep for 9999/-
What is the exam structure?
The GMAT exam pattern consists of mainly four sections. These are – Writing, Reasoning, Verbal and Quantitative skills. The GMAT exam will be conducted in a time span of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Analytical Writing Assessment : One Topic on Analysis of an Argument, time duration 30 minutes.
- Integrated Reasoning : 12 questions based on Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis, Table Analysis. The time duration is 30 min.
- Quantitative : 37 questions based on Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving. Time duration is 75 minutes.
- Verbal : 41 questions based on Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction. Time duration is 75 minutes.
How to register for the exam?
Choose a Test Center To take the GMAT exam : You must first select a test center. Each test center operates on its own schedule and can accommodate varying numbers of test takers throughout the day.
How to Schedule Your Appointment : You may register for the test online, by phone, by mail, or by fax. You will incur taxes to schedule an exam in certain countries. Available time slots change continuously based on capacity and ongoing registration. You will find out which times are available at your chosen test center when you register. Be sure to enter your name and birth date exactly as they appear on the identification you will present at the test center. Fee payments can only be made by credit card or debit card. Be sure to have your VISA®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or JCB card ready.
What is the validity duration of my GMAT score?
GMAT exam scores are valid for five years, and are available for reporting for up to 10 years.
What is the scoring pattern?
- Analytical Writing Assessment : On scale of 0 to 6
- Integrated Reasoning : On a scale of 1-6
- Quantitative: On a scale of 0-60
- Verbal: On a scale of 0-60
263 total views, 2 views today