11 Things to know about NMAT 2019CATKing
1. NMAT Exam:
NMAT stands for Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test. This is an entrance exam to get admission into Narsee Monjee Institute of Management. The exam was acquired by Graduate Admission Council in 2015 and hence the NMAT is renamed by The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a computer generated test by GMAC. It is an important national level entrance test for MBA leading to MBA admissions in top MBA colleges.
2. Eligibility for NMAT Exam:
The basic eligibility criteria for the NMAT exam by GMAC are as follows:
- All candidates who are applying for NMAT exam 2019 must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a government recognized university.
- All the candidates applying must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- There is no restriction to the maximum age for the candidates appearing for the exam.
- Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying exam can appear for NMAT 2019.
To know More: Click Here
3. Registration for NMAT Exam:
The application for the MBA programme will be invited by GMAC in the first week of July 2019. Candidates who want to take admission in the academic year 2020-2021 have to fill the NMAT 2019 application form. The registration for NMAT is scheduled from July 2019. The application and registration process starts on July 3, 2019. The NMAT Exam last date of registration is 3rd October 2019. The fees of the NMAT Exam is Rs.2000.
4. Importance of NMAT Exam
- Giving the NMAT Exam is necessary to get into an Institute accepting NMAT Scores.
- It is accepted as an admission criteria lead by the management institutions in India.
- It helps to measure the skills needed to be successful in a business school.
- It is designed to give candidates their confidence to perform to the best of their ability.
5. Syllabus for NMAT Exam:
NMAT Syllabus of 2019 has three major sections- English language, Quant and Logical Reasoning are changed in a different type of questions appearing in every NMAT Exam. Every year GMAC releases the changes in the NMAT syllabus and expected the type of questions as per the NMAT syllabus.
5.Fill in the blanks
6.Language usage and their rules
7.Syntax, and correct grammar
2.Quantitative skills and Data interpretation
7.Simple Compound Interest
8.Profit and Loss
1.Course of Actions
3.Numeric Grid: It is a simple coordinate system where each cell is identified by a combination of a letter or a number.
4.Family Tree: It is a diagram that shows the relationship between people or things.
10.Coding & Decoding
6. The pattern for NMAT Exam:
The Exam Pattern of NMAT is been released by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
|Section Names||Number of questions||Allotted time in minutes|
Each correct answer will be awarded one mark. No negative marking will take place for wrong attempts. Not a single mark will be deducted for unattempted questions.
The duration of the NMAT Exam is two hours. Candidate should complete his/her exam within the two hours. A candidate giving exam won’t be able to move from the examination hall for two hours till the exam gets over.a
7. Admission Process through NMAT Exam:
The Admission procedure of 2019 will be immediately started after the results are declared of NMAT Exams. Only the qualified candidates will be able to take part in the procedure of admission. It is a management entrance exam organized to offer admission in various management programmes taking place all over. It is a university level exam conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council(GMAC).
8. NMAT Exam preparation tips:
- Candidate should go through the NMAT Exam pattern.
- Going thoroughly through the NMAT exam syllabus is a must.
- Finding out all the weak and strong areas in all the sections.
- Searching for the best books for the preparation of NMAT Exam.
- Candidate should prepare from both offline and online sources.
- One should be well prepared.
- Revising Basics is always a plus point.
9. NMAT Important Dates:
|Programmes||Starting Date||Ending Date|
|Registration||2nd July, 2019||3rd October, 2019|
|Scheduling||2nd July, 2019||16th October, 2019|
|Late Registration||4th October, 2019||14th October, 2019|
|Registration Retake||5th October, 2019||14th December, 2019|
|Re-Scheduling||2nd July, 2019||14th December, 2019|
|Retake Scheduling||5th October, 2019||14th December, 2019|
|Exam||4th October, 2019||3rd week of January 2020|
|Results Submission||3rd week of January 2020|
|The final announcement of results||31st March, 2020|
10. NMAT Exam Centres:
11. NMAT Result:
NMAT by GMAC will be announced on the second week of November 2019.
Institutes accepting NMAT score:
|MBA Colleges||Programmes offered here|
|SDA Bocconi Asia Centre,Mumbai||International Master in Business|
|NMIMS Mumbai||University MBA|
|Xavier Institute of Management(XIMB)||Specialized MBA|
|IBS Hyderabad:ICFAI Business School||MBA|
|VIT Business School||MBA|
|Alliance Bangalore:Alliance school of business-Alliance University||MBA|