Planning to take the NMAT 2021 exam?
NMAT 2021 is one exam that is one of the most coveted MBA exams that opens the gates to the prestigious NMIMS institute and partner institutes. There has been a phenomenal increase in the number of students appearing for the NMAT exam. Therefore, the competition for the NMAT exam will be aggressive and only those with the right amount of perseverance, passion, and commitment survive.
Following are some of the questions that you might have
How many people take NMAT?
The number of applicants appearing for NMAT increase every year by approximately 7% mark. Also, candidates take NMAT retakes as NMAT allows for up to 3 re-tests. You can consider the competition to be upwards of 80k submissions.
What percentage of students get a call for the CDPI process of NMAT out of the total applicants?
The cutoff for NMIMS Mumbai (though keeps on fluctuating every year) is close to 95%, which means you need to score around 240+ marks in the exam. Roughly 2000-2500 students get a call for the CDPI process at NMIMS Mumbai.
How many students get selected for NMIMS Mumbai every year?
The batch size is upwards of 600 students, though this number is also not fixed. Less than 1% of the total NMAT applicants make the cut to the NMIMS Mumbai campus.
What is the Diversity in the batch at NMIMS Mumbai?
The batch is a very good mix with students coming from different educational backgrounds. The gender ratio is roughly 40 [female]: 60 [male] which is a very good figure. The batch has close to 30% freshers and 70% have work experience which is also a good split in terms of the number of years worked.
You can refer to this NMIMS Mumbai placement report which will give you a detailed insight for the batch diversity.
What is the selection criteria for the NMAT exam?
The selection process for NMAT can be divided into the following steps
- Appear for the NMAT by GMAC.
- The first screening is your NMAT score.
- Once shortlisted, applicants appear for the CD PI rounds.
The final merit list takes into account –
Performance in Case discussion
Performance in the personal interview
What is the weightage of each of the metrics mentioned above for the final shortlist?
Below is the weightage for each process
- Candidates NMAT Score carriers 70% weightage
- Case Discussion carries 10% weightage
- Personal Interview carries 10% weightage
- Candidates Academic Performance (10th,12th percentage) carries 5% weightage
- Candidates Work Experience carries 5% weightage
Also Read: NMAT difficulty level
NMAT tests a person’s patience, speed, and resilience to not get easy questions wrong. The total marks awarded in NMAT are 360 and a score of 240+ is required to get into the prestigious Glassdoor building NMIMS Mumbai. The competition for NMAT is really different.
Click here to buy NMAT mocks (as per the updated paper pattern)
NMAT Exam Pattern:
NMAT – Never to be taken lightly, your concentration should be epitomized. One distraction and gone are the chances of getting into NMIMS, Mumbai. I know various people who have cracked CAT and are in IIMs but during their NMAT exam weren’t able to clear the cut-off.
Another reason for NMAT unparalleled competition is that it is the only domestic exam that stretches to 3 months ( October, November, and December) and you can give the exam 3 times which increases the competition in NMAT even further.
Important points to be noted during the NMAT exam:
- NMAT exam is a relative exam and not individual – performance-oriented, i.e., it is important for you to perform well relative to other candidates in each of the 3 sections of the test as the score of each section and the overall score will be used to shortlist the candidate for the second stage of the selection process as well as in the final ranking.
- MBA aspirants will get admission if they meet the required standards of a two-stage selection process. All eligible candidates are required to appear for the computer-based NMAT to be conducted across the country.
- NMAT is a computer-based test where each student gets a randomly generated exam from a pool of questions. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections are predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. The test is non-adaptive in which the computer will display questions one at a time.
- In NMAT, candidates can choose the order of 3 test sections.
NMAT Exam Strategy:
We realize that you are occupied and the undertaking of enlisting for the test, stepping through the examination, and applying to class can be tedious and upsetting. So we’ve made it more helpful for you:
Picking a date, time, and area of your accommodation: A long testing window enables you to pick an advantageous test date. The 75-day test window opens the main seven-day stretch of October and reaches out through the third seven-day stretch of December.
Self-booking: You can pick your test arrangement date, time, and area continuously in light of the accessibility of seats at each test focus.
Enroll for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam from your versatile – enabling you to enlist whenever and anyplace.
Testing areas – you can look over any of 48 strategically placed testing focuses to take the exam
Sending scores to up to 5 programs for nothing. You can choose the rundown of schools/programs you need to send your scores to previously or in the wake of taking the exam. Up to 5 schools/programs are incorporated into your enrollment charge. Be that as it may, you will have the capacity to send your scores to in excess of 5 schools/programs previously or after you enlist for an extra charge.
Applying to business colleges in the wake of checking on comes about. You can see your outcomes and after that choose to apply to a business college or retake the test contingent upon your solace with the outcomes you’ve acquired.
Features are given by NMAT exam:
1. Take the test multiple times
2. Choose the section order
3.No Negative marking
4 Availability of official practice material
5. Practice sharpening your skills.
NMAT exam Structure:
The NMAT is a computer-based exam and gives randomly questions from a pool of questions. The number of questions, time limits, and difficulty levels are already predetermined and are administered. Candidates have a choice of selecting the order or sequence of test sections.
The three sections of NMAT are individually timed. Test takers must review there answers before moving to another section as once candidates close out of a section all answers are final.