CAT 2018 Admit CardCATKing
Step by Step Process to Download CAT Admit Card
You can download your CAT 2018 Admit card in 5 simple steps:
- Logon to CAT official Website link
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ Icon
- Enter CAT Login ID & Password
- Click on Admit Card Download
- Save, Verify & take Print of CAT Admit card
CAT exam admit card 2018 was released by IIM Calcutta much before 1 PM on the pre announced CAT Admit Card date October 24. Since 2017, the process to view and download the CAT admit card has been slightly changed as the candidates have to go to the icon window ‘Download Admit Card’ on the main login page of CAT official website instead of getting into the application page to have access to the CAT Admit card.
How to View & Download CAT Admit card
As against the earlier process of going to ‘Assessment’ under the head Admit Card, the CAT 2018 Admit card download process has been made much simpler. Now you can download your CAT Admit card in 5 steps from official CAT website as shared below:
Step-1: Logon to Official CAT Website iimcat.ac.in
Open your computer system and check whether the CAT site is getting opened or there are technical glitches. Check for the icon ‘Download Admit Card’ on the screen. You can find it on the CAT website home page – click on it. This will lead you to CAT Admit Card page.
Step-2: Click on the Icon ‘Admit Card’
At the Admit card link, go to the icon ‘Download Admit Card’ click on it
Step-3: Use CAT Login ID & PW
You are at Login window. Enter your 7 digit CAT user Id and the 7 digit CAT password and you can view your CAT exam Admit card 2018 on the screen. In case you forget your CAT password, do not worry, click on ‘forget password’ and IIMs will send your CAT login ID and password to your registered Mail ID for CAT exam
Step-4: Click to Download
At the bottom is the message ‘Please click here to download your Admit Card’. Click at the link ‘here’ and your admit card is downloaded
Step-5: Save, Verify and Take Print of CAT Admit Card
The CAT Admit Card Download is complete now. After your CAT Admit Card is downloaded error free, save the document in the folder that you can remember – for example a document can be created with the name ‘CAT 2018 Admit Card’. Verify all your personal details, your printed photograph, signature image, Date of Birth, CAT 2018 registration Number, TSN number as it will be required to locate your testing room and seat in the testing lab, test venue, exam date and time as well as the reporting time at the CAT Exam centre. Take at least 2 prints of the CAT admit card on A4 size paper as you will need the hard copy of the admit card with your photo additionally affixed on it at the CAT exam centre on November 25, 2018.
How to Proceed after CAT 2018 Admit Card Download?
Once the CAT 2018 Admit Card is downloaded, you should ensure following action:
1) Convert CAT Admit Card Soft Copy into Hard Copy
Take print of the CAT exam hall ticket 2018. According to CAT Centre 2018 ‘Admit Card is a mandatory document required to take the exam. You must print the Admit Card and bring it to the exam centre on the day of the exam.’
It will be better to take more than 2-3 prints of your admit card. Keep one with your other mandatory documents which you will have to carry to the exam centre and other with you so that in case of any query you may instantly refer to it.
The CAT 2018 Admit Card needs to be directly printed from the CAT 2018 official website using your CAT user ID and Password. Please note that the CAT 2018 Hall Ticket will not be mailed to your postal address. If you are unable to view your CAT Admit Card after login with CAT Id, contact the CAT helpdesk at the Toll free number or through Email.
2) Key Details to Check in the CAT Admit Card
You need to check the following mandatory details in your CAT 2018 Admit card. In case of any error or mistaken entry, you should contact the CAT Centre 2018 immediately.
- Your Name – Is it correct as per your documents?
- Test date – Correct test date of November 25 should be mentioned.
- PWD status – In case the candidate is physically challenged, it should be mentioned in the CAT 2018 Hall Ticket.
- Test center Details- Your test city, test site with address should be mentioned
- Exam Time- your Morning or Evening time slot, as the case may be, should be mentioned on the CAT 2018 Admit card.
3) Important Do’s for CAT Admit Card
Please note that CAT Admit card is your passport to the CAT exam centre. Without Admit Card, you will not be allowed to enter the testing hall. After downloading of CAT 2018 Hall Ticket you should comply with following five do’s:
- CAT Admit card is valid only if your photograph and signature images are legibly printed on the print out of CAT 2018 Hall Ticket.
- Affix your coloured photograph on CAT Admit Card in the given space. Your photograph should be identical to your printed image on the CAT hall ticket.
- Only Admit Card & valid Photo ID Card will be allowed inside the test hall.
- There is a Test System Number (TSN) on the CAT Admit Card. It is provided only for the limited purpose of identifying the floor/wing at the test venue on the CAT exam day. For any correspondence with CAT Center you must provide your Registration Number.
- The Admit Card is to be produced for verification at test centre at the time of the test.
4) Don’t Panic, if Delay occurs
Sometimes the icon ‘Download Admit card’ is enabled by IIMs on CAT website much earlier than the scheduled time, but it remains inactivated till 1 PM. You need not worry as the download of CAT hall ticket is enabled by IIMs in time. Please do not expect any hard copy of the CAT 2018 Admit card by post or in mail to be sent by IIMs.
5) View & Download Admit Card from CAT website; not from your mail
Please note that the CAT Admit card will be available on the CAT website only and not from your mail. You must log in using your CAT 2018 User ID to view/print the Admit card.
Don’t delay the Download
With 2.41 lakhs candidates thronging the website simultaneously, even a delay of few minutes in viewing and downloading the CAT 2018 Admit card may result in technical glitches increasing your waiting period
Despite it being a very strong site capable to cope with the high volume of CAT 2018 aspirants, it may develop some technical glitches like getting slow, not displaying full details or giving you some error messages. This might create irritation and may cause more anxiety. When you can very well avoid it, there is no need to wait to initiate the CAT Admit Card download process when it is live on October 24.
CAT 2018 is conducted by IIM Calcutta on November 25, 2018 in two sessions. It is a computer based largest MBA entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM 2019-21 batch in 20 IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, Management Departments of IITs, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad among hundreds of other top B-schools in India.