CAT 2018 Dress Code: Know What to Wear and Not to Wear on Exam DayCATKing
For the CAT exam, there are many rules and instructions to be followed. Besides taking important documents on the exam day, it is essential to follow the dress code on November 25, 2018. As any blunder can lead to inconvenience on the test day. Since strick frisking and verification will take place, candidates must take care of the attire they are planning to wear on the D-day.
Last year, students who did not follow the code of conduct had to face the hassle before and during the test. As closed footwears were not allowed last year, candidates wearing them had to take the exam bare feet. So, with a few changes in the dress code this year, here are key points to note about CAT 2018 dress code.
Also Read: CAT 2017 Analysis
- Footwears not allowed: On the exam day, candidates can wear any type of footwear without any restrictions. Though no footwears are allowed inside the exam hall. Candidates have to remove their shoes outside the exam hall.
- Socks are allowed: Candidates who do not feel comfortable in taking the exam bare feet have a good news that they can wear socks inside the exam hall.
- Clothes with pockets are not allowed: Students can wear any of top, shirt, pullover, sweater, cardigans, kurta, t-shirt etc without any pockets. Do not wear jackets, scarves, shawls on the exam day. Even in bottom-wear try to carry something comfortable. Since nothing has been mentioned anything about pockets in bottom-wears, candidates must wear them with either less number of pockets or no pockets at all.
- Unnatural Marks: On the test day, candidates have to go through the biometric process in which left thumb impression will be taken. So, make sure there are no unnatural marks on the fingers. Especially, there should no marks of Heena, tattoo etc that could create hindrance in taking clear thumb impression.
- Do not wear any Jewelry or Metal Items: Jewelry is not at all allowed on the exam day. In addition to that, any metallic items are also strictly prohibited. If any such item is detected than candidates have to remove them before entering the exam hall.
- Have a Natural Look: Girls must avoid makeup on the exam day. Also, keep the hairstyle as simple as possible. Refer simple ponytail or braid. Also, metal clips, clusters etc. will have to be removed before entering the exam hall. So, use simple rubber bands only. For Boys, if you have uploaded the pic without a beard then try to make sure you appear on the exam day with the same look.
- Do not Carry Bags, Mobile Phones: Candidates must not carry prohibited items like goggles, electronic gadgets, calculators, stationery items, wallets etc on the exam day. If students are carrying such items then they have to leave them outside and test centre staff will take no responsibility for the security of candidates’ belonging.
Also Read: Strategies to crack CAT Exam