CAT VARC- Strategy & Trick to solve reading comprehension in CATAnisha Mukhija
CAT VARC- Strategy & Trick to solve reading comprehension in CAT
- Mark all the new, exotic words for vocabulary as you read through.
- Keep check of the pronouns. Tail question tags around pronouns to understand which noun is being taken to context.
- Check the word meanings of the unknown words & relate in the given passage for better understanding.
- Relate & understand your own terms as you progress through the passage to have a better understanding.
- Before you even start reading the passage, take a look at the questions asked & write all the keywords of it.
- After reading the passage, go through the questions again, in the meanwhile highlight passage no. of which the answers to questions belong. Now, come back to question and hunt for the correct answer and kill it’.
- Keep on attempting questions when you’re struck move to another question then return to cross-check then you’ll have a clue.
- In fact-based questions, read a line above & a line below always.
- If you can, you can jot down pointers if time permits. Just some highlighters so you know the wave of the passage, important facts, dates, time zones, places, etc. These are free numbers and hence must be killed.