ISBR Business School (International School of Business & Research) is situated in Electronic City of Bangalore which is set up under the aegis of Bangalore Educational Trust in 1990. ISBR is listed among the Top Business Schools of the Country and approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD Government of India. The primary motive of the institution is to prepare students for life and establishing them in a leader who is capable to influence the world with their passion and success. Students here are groomed for the Industry exposure with exceptional foundation and a wide variety of specialization in marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Systems, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Health Care Service, Telecom. The Alumni association at ISBR proves highly beneficial during final placements of Students. Below are some GDPI experiences from the existing Batch at ISBR
1. Jovita Devaraj (PGDM 2020-2022)I was aspiring to pursue my PGDM, when I happen to come across ISBR Business School situated in Bangalore, which is one of the best B-Schools in the State. I was intrigued by their best courses offered by the Expert faculty and Industry Veterans, International Academic partnerships, focus on practical learning, Industry collaboration and exposure, and many other aspects. And I decided to try and be a part of this Institute. I applied for the admission process online and was guided by an admin staff on the various rounds and how to go about in the entire interview process. My interview was scheduled on the Campus itself. I had some prior GDPI experience, so I was not anxious, rather was relaxed for the entire process.
Also Read: Welingkar GDPI ExperiencesI reached the Campus and I liked the Infrastructure, the great atmosphere, and also the smiling and welcoming faces of ISBR. This made me feel ready enough to face the Interview process with much confidence. All the students were seated in the Conference hall and we had a brief meeting with the Academic and Program Coordinators and were also introduced to all the courses that ISBR was offering. The staff was very kind and professional and the entire Induction was well coordinated. Post this, the Interview process began which had four rounds altogether, which were the Aptitude Test, Essay writing, Micro presentation, and PI. Since I had qualified for the first round with my CAT score, I was directly given an essay topic on “Is Technology a boon or a curse in the current era?” and I had to write about 500 words on it. And then when everyone was finished, we were sent for our presentation round one by one. It was a micro presentation that I had to present for about 10 minutes on the topic “Is Self-Confidence the key to Success?” My presentation went really well and the Professor too was impressed. After that, we had to wait till everyone else was finished. They moved on with the final PI round. I was sent to a different Conference room again where there was one panelist. I liked my PI experience since the Professor was friendly which helped me to ease into the situation. She spoke to me about me, how I channelize my strengths and weaknesses, my interests, hobbies, etc. I was able to confidently answer her and the constant smile on her face helped me to perform better. The overall experience was great and now waiting anxiously for the results was the hardest part. We were all seated in the Library when they started declaring the results to each of us in person. I was super thrilled and happy to know that I was selected when the Admission Coordinator declared my results. I was excited to embark upon a new journey with ISBR. Never did I regret once choosing this Institute for the next 2 years of my life and the journey has been nothing but amazing and fruitful so far. I am very glad to be here.
2. Doel Bhattacharya (PGDM 2019-21)I had a great experience while going through the GDPI process at ISBR. The best thing which I liked was warm welcome by the faculty heads and the process went on very smoothly. The process began with my general introduction which emphasized my objective, passion and zeal to pursue this course. The selection process was conducted in four rounds such as:
- ISBR Internal Test comprises aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning
- Essay writing
- Micro presentation
Also Read: ISME Mumbai GDPI ExperiencesISBR Internal test went on for an hour and I could score great in that test. Then 15 minutes were given to me for essay writing. The topic of essay writing was related to cryptocurrency. The micro presentation was conducted by one panelist who was very much impressed by my thoughts on the essay and asked me several questions on that domain. I gave two micro presentations for five minutes each on the impact of social media and the education system of our country. Overall the presentation went on great and I was appreciated by him. The last round was the PI round which comprises the following questions such as:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why ISBR?
- Aligning personal goal with career objective
- Why PGDM after being a successful software developer at TCS
- Many questions were based on the change of domain
- Career plan for the next five years
- Differentiator pointers or USP
- HR Strategy Analyst Intern, TCS iON
- Research Intern, IIMB Incubation NSRCEL
- HR Lead Intern, Olcademy
- HR Business Partner, Createn