What is MBA in Marketing?
MBA in Marketing is a two-year post graduate course. It is the most sought out degrees by both students and employers these days. With the shift to digital marketing, many business firms have their own in-house marketing agencies that help in bringing them more customers. Marketing is required for every type of business to maximize sales.
Who can do MBA in Marketing?
Students who have good communication, leadership and analytical skills can opt for MBA in Marketing. It requires skills to attract customers and increase business. Marketing includes promoting the goods or services through various means to attract clients.
What is taught in MBA in Marketing?
Students are taught how to communicate with clients of the company and different strategies to promote sales of the company. Students are taught the concepts of personal sales, sales promotion, public relations, advertising, publicity and marketing communication. Marketing is a huge concept which includes developing strategies to increase sales, improve product quality, attract customers by advertising the products, communicate with clients, solve client queries and maintain healthy public relations.
What are the concepts involved in MBA in Marketing?
Students doing pursuing it are taught a variety of skills which can be used in a number of positions across different companies and industries. At the end of the day every employee of a company works for improving the client base of the company. Following are the common courses found within MBA in Marketing:
- Marketing management
- Marketing channels strategies
- Operations management
- Sales force management
- Product strategy, branding and marketing
- Forecasting and modeling strategy
- Consumer and brand image strategy
What are the job options after MBA in Marketing?
- Sales manager, who has to set sales target, manage the distribution of the goods and services and customer service.
- Marketing manager, who has to make marketing strategies to attract clients.
- Product manager, who is responsible for the delivery of goods to the clients, maintains the quality of goods and customer service.
- Market research analyst, who collects data, evaluates data, conveys the data to the business development team to make marketing strategies.
- Media planner, who makes advertisement campaigns, puts it across selected media means and helps marketing team meet their targets.
- Internet/online marketing manager, who manages the digital marketing, search engine optimization and website content.
Which top colleges offer MBA in Marketing?
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Xaviers Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode