Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai offers a variety of courses for post-graduation, but for a management aspirant, M.A in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations is of prime interest.TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences) in Mumbai offers a variety of Master’s programs at its different campuses. The School of Management and Labour Studies offers the most common courses. Masters of Arts degrees in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations, Social Entrepreneurship, and Organization Growth Change, and Leadership is available to students. TISS has its own National Entrance Exam, referred to as the TISS Entrance Exam. TISS has its own entrance exam, known as TISSNET. For the academic year 2022-24, the exam will be conducted in the third week of February 2022. In this article, we will discuss how to crack TISSNET
How To Crack TISSNET
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai offers a variety of courses for post-graduation, but for a management aspirant, M.A in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations is of prime interest.TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences) in Mumbai offers a variety of Master's programs at its different campuses. The School of Management and Labour Studies offers the most common courses. Masters of Arts degrees in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations, Social Entrepreneurship, and Organization Growth Change, and Leadership is available to students. TISS has its own National Entrance Exam, referred to as the TISS Entrance Exam. TISS has its own entrance exam, known as TISSNET. For the academic year 2022-24, the exam will be conducted in the third week of February 2022. In this article, we will discuss how to crack TISSNETPractice with real-time TISSNET Mocks
The selection process to TISS is a three-step process:
- TISS-NET (Computer-based test) (Stage-1)
- TISS- PAT (Programme Aptitude Test) (Stage -2)
- TISS – MAT ( only for HRM & LR and ODCL - Mumbai campus) (Stage- 2)
- Online Personal Interview (OPI)
10 Tips to Crack TISSNET
Now that we know the TISS selection structure let's discuss the important things you need to follow while you prepare for TISS:
TISSNET exam overview & updates
What is the TISSNET exam?
TISS also is known as the TATA Institute of social science conducts National Entrance Test (NET) a.k.a TISSNET. And this test is a computer-based examination, using English as a medium.
So it has 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) to be completed in 100 minutes i.e, one hour 40 minutes. But for any of its programs, the TISSNET entrance exam has no negative marking.Courses on TISSNET by mentors from top B-schools NEW UPDATE: TISS-MAT will also be on the same day as your TISS-NET. Although TISS-MAT will be applicable for students opting for MA Human Resource Management & Labour Studies and MA Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership. TISS- MAT will have negative marking.
Also, some other important pointsSo TISSNET is a test that can be cracked if well prepared in advance. Since this exam varies from simple to high level of difficulty. The Institute also gives an M.A. Degree that is similar to the MBA degrees that most colleges offer. TISS is one of the best colleges for students planning to go for Human Resources (HR) as a career. It also offers a master's degree with approximately 53 degrees and has 39 cities to take the exam/test. Further in this article, you will also read about the various sections, allotment of marks and, also the strategies for the subjects.
MBA Colleges in India with Low FeesIf an MBA is your dream then it doesn't need to be expensive. we've listed below a couple of colleges that provide MBA in various specializations at low fees in India. MBA is one of the foremost popular post-graduation programmes in India which supply you with lucrative career options. In India, an MBA may be a costly affair. However, if an MBA is your dream then it doesn’t necessarily need to be expensive. There are tons of schools in India that supply MBA programmes at fees that fit your budget. MBA programmes offered by government colleges and universities are less expensive than those offered by private institutions. In this article, you will get to know about all MBA colleges in India with low fees. Kickstart your Online CAT course today with a 50% discount. Hurry! Offer ends today In this article, we've listed a number of the highest B-schools which supply MBA courses at prices that will fit your budget. These colleges have fees under Rs.5 Lakhs and offer the simplest infrastructure, has excellent placement records, and world-class faculty.
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi UniversityFaculty of Management Studies is one among the highest-ranking management institutes in India which supply MBA courses at the most cost-effective prices starting at Rs 20,960 only. it's one among the foremost prestigious institutes for MBA within the country which is affiliated to Delhi University. The institute provides admission on the idea of the CAT score and also personal interview. the typical salary package in campus placement this year was Rs 23.2 LPA. Companies like Goldman Sachs, IBM, Godrej, PepsiCo, Nestle, Hindustan Unilever, Indian Oil Corp, Paytm, SBI, HSBC, etc. offer placements to students of FMS. Read more: How to Crack CAT
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JIBMS), MumbaiJBIMS was founded in 1965 and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. it's a public institute that gives full time and part-time MBA programmes. It also offers a spread of other programmes too but MBA is one among the foremost popular courses of JBIMS. the present fee structure is Rs 3 lakh for 2 years of its MBA program. the school accepts many CAT/MAH CET/MAT/ATMA. The institute ranks among the highest 10 B-schools of India and features a large alumni base who are working as CEOs. the typical salary package is Rs 17 LPA. Companies that come for placements in JBIMS include McKinsey & Company, JP Morgan Chase, HSBC, L’Oreal, Bisleri, Godrej, Hindustan Unilever, Vodafone, Indian Express, etc. Start your MBA CET online course
Tata Institute of Management Studies (TISS), MumbaiTISS, Mumbai is another management institution that gives quality MBA education at a reasonable fee. The admission into TISS is obtainable on the idea of TISSNET score, an exam conducted by the institute itself. the value of an MBA in TISS is Rs 2.38 Lakh and therefore the average salary from the placements is Rs 20.06 LPA. Companies like Colgate Palmolive, Dell, Swiggy, Taj Group, Infosys, and etc. offer placements to the MBA graduates of TISS. Start preparing online for TISSNET course with us
Department of Management Sciences, PunePune University Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA) is affiliated to Pune University and has fees of Rs 1.32 lakh for college kids who belong to the state of Maharashtra and Rs 1.33 lakh for college kids of all other Indian states. the school accepts many exams like CAT/XAT/MAT/CET/ATMA/MAH CET for the admissions to varied MBA courses and offers placements with a mean salary of Rs 6.43 LPA. Aditya Birla Group, Croma, Bajaj Finserv, etc. are few companies which supply placements to the scholars studying during this college. Regain your lost motivation for CAT
Christ University, BangaloreChrist International (Deemed to be University) was established in 1969, which offers various post-graduation programmes. The university offers various MBA specializations including Business Analytics, Marketing, etc. Students who undertake exams like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA are eligible for admission into this prestigious and premium university. The fees of the college is Rs 4.35 Lakh. The typical salary offered after a placement here is approximately Rs 6.5 LPA. Accenture, Aditya Birla Group, Infosys, Hyundai, IBM, ICICI, KPMG, Deloitte, Dabur are few top companies that visit the campus for placements and offer handsome salaries to the graduates.
Delhi Technical University (DTU), DelhiDTU offers two years of full-time MBA programmes, admissions to which are selected the CAT exam score. it's 75 years old university and has a number of the simplest MBA faculties in India. this is often also one among the institutes which supply an MBA at a coffee fee of Rs 3.56 lakh. a mean salary offered here is of Rs 6.4 LPA. Companies like HCL, HP, Amazon, Yes Bank, Genpact, Vivo, etc. offer placements to the DTU pass outs. Aspirants who wish to pursue an MBA must first make an inventory of schools that they want to urge into. they need to make a choice that supported by their choice of specification and their budget and not be over-excited with the flow. Distance MBA from IIM List of other colleges alongside the courses offered, who have a low fee structure. 1. International School of Management and Research- ISMR Course Name: MBA Fees: Rs 3.00 lakh 2. CU - Chandigarh University Course Name: MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management
Fees: Rs 3.28 lakh3. Indira Institute of Management - IIMP
Course Name: MBA
Fees: Rs 4.00 lakh4. ASM’s Institute of Business Management and Research-IBMR
Course Name: MBA
Fees: Rs 3.00 lakh5. Amity University
Course Name: MBA Agriculture and Food Business
Fees: Rs 4.47 lakh
6. AIMS Institute of Management Studies
Course Name: MBA
Fees: Rs 3.69 lakh7. MIT Pune - MIT World Peace University
Course Name: MBA
Fees: Rs 3.50 lakh8. DBS - Doon Business school
Course Name: MBA International Business
Fees: Rs 4.52 lakh9. Gems B School, Bangalore Course Name: Corporate MBA Fees: Rs 4.20 lakh 10. Galgotias University - GU Course Name: MBA Healthcare and Hospital Management Fees: Rs 4.47 lakh 11. BK School of Business Management Course Name: MBA in Maritime Management Fees: Rs 80,000 12. Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU) Course Name: Master of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Fees: Rs 84,468 *The fees data mentioned against each institute is consistent with the newest figures available. they'll change within the upcoming school term. Read More: Learn more about the CAT exam Pattern IIMs autonomy under doubt? IIM Lucknow clocks 100% placements CAT 2020 - Avoid these mistakes on exam day
6 Important MBA exams other than CAT:All isn't lost when one couldn't crack the CAT. and obtain admission into the coveted IIMs. So here are 6 Other MBA Entrance Exams which will get us admission to the highest 30 Coveted Colleges. Therefore, read on to seek out what other MBA entrance exams aside from CAT exists. Which you would like to aim to urge into these coveted institutions. For preparation join our courses
1. XATXAT - Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT), conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur, is one among the most important national level MBA entrance examination aspired by the bulk of the MBA aspirants. The Xavier Aptitude Test is an all-India test conducted by the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) as an entrance examination for admission to the postgraduate programs in management courses of several management institutes everywhere India. For quite 60 years XLRI has been conducting Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) in the least India level to pick the foremost appropriate candidates for management education. The test score is getting used by quite 100 institutes within the country for the admission.
XAT Notification Date
August 20, 2020
The date for Registration start
August 23, 2020
Last date for Registration & Application submission online without late fee
November 30, 2020
Registration Last date with late fee
December 10, 2020
Admit Card download Start Date
December 20, 2020
Last date to Download Admit Card
January 3, 2021
January 3, 2021 (9.30 AM to 12.30 PM)
By January 31, 2021 (Expect on Jan 25)
What is TISSNET?First, TISSNET is a nationwide TISS examination for its postgraduate programs. It is also a Computer-based (CBT) exam. Thus it offers almost 53 master degree programs as a result. But an MA degree is given by TISS. But other colleges hold these courses on par with other postgraduate programs.. So in this article, we will try to build a TISSNET exam strategy so you can help you ace it. Courses on TISSNET by mentors from top B-schools
TISSNET Exam DetailsAlso, get free mentorship by Experts
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam pattern||100 questions (MCQs)|
|Admission to||TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati & Hyderabad|
|No. of exam cities||39|
|Courses offered||MBA/PGDM, MA in Education, MA, MA-MSc, MHA, MPH, MPH-HPEF, MPH-SELL, MMA in Social Work, MLIS|
TISSNET MBA: Eligibility criteria
- So the applicant must have a bachelor's degree. However, an equivalent from a recognized university is also allowed.
- However, candidates completing their final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent by June 2021, can also apply.
- In addition, students pursuing a 3-year bachelor’s degree should have passed all 4 semesters at the time of filling the TISSNET application form. So those pursuing a four-year bachelor's degree must have cleared all the subjects up to the sixth semester.
Work Experience:Practice with actual TISSNET Mocks So applicants opting for Master of Arts in (Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership) program should have work experience. In addition, it shall be at least 2-yearsn any field after graduating. Age Factor: However, is no limiting factor in terms of age students/applicants of the TISSNET Entrance exam 2021.
TISSNET result and important datesSo let's look at the tentative dates because the exam schedule for TISS 2021 will be out in October.
|Registration starts||The third week of October|
|Last date to register||Fourth week of November|
|Offline last date||The first week of December|
|Admit cards||The second week of December|
|Orientation for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and PWD candidates before the entrance.||The second week of December|
|Exam date||The first week of January|
|Written ability test (WAT) & Personal Interview(PI)||Second - the fourth week of March|
|Results out||The third week of April|
TISSNET paper patternAlso, more detailed and extensive videos on the verbal section
|Subjects/Sections||English Proficiency||Mathematics & Logical Reasoning||General Awareness|
|No. of questions||30||30||40|
|Total marks (100)||30||30||40|
|Sectional cut-off||N.A.||N.A.||14 Marks/35%|
TISSNET Cut-offAlthough the above chart says no cut off for the sections other than general awareness. But you are expected to have a minimum score in each one to meet the overall cut off. So the cut off for the TISSNET Entrance exam is between 65-75.
Step 1: The Application form
- Firstly candidates/Applicants need to go on the official website of TISS Mumbai. After that register for the TISSNET exam.
- The application fees for
- Credit/Debit card
- Net banking
Step 2: Admit cardSecondly, candidates registering successfully for the exam will receive their admit cards. Moreover, the same can be downloaded from the official website of TISS. In conclusion, candidates must remember that the admit card is an important document. Because that needs to be carried to the examination hall. Which allows you to appear for the exam.
Step 3: TISSNET 2021 ExamSo candidates appear for the entrance test on the scheduled date. In addition, the test duration is one hour and 40 minutes. Moreover, test-takers will have questions based on English Proficiency, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness.
Step 4: Group Discussion (GD)Once the student/applicant who clears the TISSNET Entrance exam is called for the next process. That is the selection of the process. In other words, the process consists of Pre Interview test which can either be a group discussion or a written test. Moreover, the PIT normally ranges between 30-40 minutes In addition, the process also differs concerning various programs like some have a PIT two sections. For instance, essay writing is followed by case study questions based on it.
Personal Interview (PI)So the next part of the process is the applicants clearing the PIT are then called for a personal interview. Above all, this is just like the personal interview that every B-school takes. After that, you are interviewed in terms of your work experience, past records. Moreover, a few questions with regards to the programs you are opting for.
Colleges accepting TISS scores
- TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad
- (BALM) Banayan Academy of Leadership in Mental Health, Chennai
Various courses by above-mentioned colleges
TISS Mumbai Schools:
1. School of Education:
- Firstly, it provides a Master of Arts in Education (Elementary). Moreover, it has only 51 seats.
2. School of Development Studies
- MA in Development Studies - 51 seats
- MA in Women's Studies - 28 seats
3. School of Habitat Studies
- Climate Change and Sustainability Studies - 23 seats
- Regulatory Governance - 23 seats
- Urban Policy and Governance - 23 seats
- Water Policy and Governance - 15 seats
4. School of Health System Studies
- Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) - 51 seats
- MPH in Health Administration - 39 seats
- MPH-Social Epidemiology - 28 seats
- MPH – Health Policy, Economics, and Finance - 23 seats
5. School of Human Ecology
- MA in Applied Psychology (Clinical and Counseling Practice) - 51 seats
6. School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance
- LLM (Access to Justice) - 39 seats
7. School of Management and Labour Studies
- MA in Globalisation and Labour - 23 seats
- MA in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations - 68 seats
- Master of Arts/Master of Science(Analytics) (Self Financed) - 34 seats
- MA in Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership - 34 seats
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship - 34 seats
8. School of Media and Cultural Studies
- MA in Media and Cultural Studies - 29 seats
9. School of Social WorkMA in Social work
- Children & Families - 23 seats
- Community Organisation & Development Practice 34 seats
- Criminology & Justice - 34 seats
- Dalit & Tribal Studies and Action 29 seats
- Disability Studies & Action 28 seats
- Livelihoods and Social Entrepreneurship 29 seats
- Mental Health 23 seats
- Public Health 23 seats
- Women-centered Practice 26 seats
1.School of Rural DevelopmentMA/MSc in
- Development Policy, Planning, and Practice - 34 seats
- Sustainable Livelihoods and Natural Resources Governance - 34 seats
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship - 34 seats
- MA in Social Work in Rural Development - 34 seats
TISS Hyderabad Campus
1. Azeem Premji School of Education
- Master of Arts in Education - 34 seats
2. School of Public Policy and Governance
- MA in Public Policy and Governance - 34 seats
3. School of Livelihoods and DevelopmentMA in
- Development Studies - 34 seats
- Natural Resource and Governance - 34 seats
- Rural Development and Governance- 34 seats
4. School of Gender Studies
- MA in Women Studies - 34 seats
1. School of Social work
- Master of Arts in Social Work (Community Organisation & Development Practices) - 23 seats
- Counseling - 17 seats
- Livelihoods and Social Entrepreneurship - 17 seats
- Public Health - 17 seats
2.School of Social Science and HumanitiesMA in
- Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development - 17 seats
- Labour Studies and Social Protection - 17 seats
- Peace and Conflict Studies - 17 seats
- Sociology and Social Anthropology - 23 seats
Banayan Academy of Leadership in Mental Health (BALM), Chennai
1. Master of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Clinical psychology - 20 seats
- Counseling psychology - 20 seats
2. Master of Arts in Social Work (Mental Health) - 20 seats
Moreover, important points to be taken into consideration:Firstly, TISS-NET as an exam can be cracked if prepared well in advance. Because the difficulty level of this exam ranges from easy to moderate. Moreover, the institute offers an M.A. degree which is equivalent to the MBA degrees offered by other colleges. In addition, TISS is one of the best colleges for students planning to go for Human Resources (HR) as a career. Most importantly, it offers a master's degree for almost 53 programs. As a result has 39 cities for taking the exam/test.
So, a little more about TISS:Above all, TISS is one of the few institutes that offer a great return on investment (ROI). In addition, apart from FMS Delhi, etc along with great education, exposure, and package. In conclusion, I hope this article helps you to prepare for the TISSNET exam. Most importantly All the best!
Happy Learning!Also, Related Links: Some more general awareness topics Verbal Ability tricks and tips video TISSNET past papers