CD PI preparation for NMATRahul Singh
CD PI preparation for NMAT
What to do after NMAT scores are out? What is this CD-PI Process? How to prepare for CD-PI? What questions are asked in NMIMS Personal Interview? These are the questions that revolve around your mind after getting NMIMS results or after getting a call from NMIMS.
The process to get into NMIMS:
- Fill the application form.
- Register and schedule your exam.
- The results are out.
- Submit Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Case Discussion
- Personal Interviews
- Final Admission
NMAT Exam Procedure after Exam includes:
2.Case Study Discussion
3. Personal Interview
1. Writing SOP
Statement of Purpose (SOP) is a reflection of your best qualities, your journey, and achievements to date with the emphasis on Why you wish to pursue an MBA and the Intent to join NMIMS. Make sure you are honest and portray the Best of Yourself in a well-structured essay.
The SOP can help to not just explain your reasons for the choices you make and your future plans, but also act as an important differentiator, showing the admissions committee that you are ready for the next step in your career. This is important since if you are not able to justify your choice for an MBA, your chances of making through will reduce.
Dig deep and identify the real reason why you are ready to spend more than 20 lakh Rupees to pursue this program. Here you should also have a strong reason for why NMIMS, they specifically ask about
What do you want to achieve?
Why is it better than where you are now?
How can an MBA help?
Highlights of the SOP:
- The key achievements that make you unique.
- Your strengths reflected in scenarios.
- Your professional goal and how XYZ College enables you to reach there?
Some of the tips to write Statement of Purpose:
- Grab the spotlight: Let your personality shine and show what is unique about you through your statement of purpose.
- Share your experiences: As a non-traditional student, you can enrich your academic studies and those of others by sharing your life experiences and wisdom. Talk about your journey – the hurdles, triumphs, and lessons learned.
- Express your passion: Describe why the program inspires you. Explain what you’re interested in learning and how you think the program will help you achieve your ambitions.
- Show instead of telling: Use sensory details, concrete nouns, active verbs, and small moments that symbolize larger personal truths. Suddenly, your description of objects, actions, and feelings spring to life.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the program: Identify particular paths of study that appeal to you. Characterize your fascination with a professor’s research or your interest in a particular theory or school of thought.
2. Case Discussion
Unlike most B-School’s NMIMS has a different perspective by giving a case study for a discussion instead of a general or debatable topic. A case discussion is generally a 20-to-30 minute process whose larger objective is to select those candidates who have the ability to perform in a team. Apart from this, the kind of topic given also helps panelists to know various traits of a candidate’s personality. What matters in the discussion is your stand on the topic, your ability to analyze the given topic, your awareness about the topic, and the way you present the topic. The focus here is more on leadership and decision making because in a CD you may or may not reach a consensus because the issues given to you are debatable. The end result of the CD will not always be to reach a consensus but to assess your people’s skills.
Average Duration: 20 mins. (5 mins to think and 15 mins. to discuss).
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 13
Case discussion is much like a set discussion but again every one of a kind from it. A dependent discussion of a selected state of affairs is given as a case.
Also read: All you need to know about NMAT by GMAC
The following are some factors that can be useful to apprehend the issue-level of the round.
- It is a barely longer case snippet with awareness in your thinking procedure
- Be clever, speak your points well and exhibit management
- Be an amazing listener
- There may be around 12-15 people in line with organization and everyone will want to place across their factors. this could create a fish marketplace however try and avoid the equal.
- There could be 2-3 panelists. they will only have a look at you. One needs to look at their institution members whilst speaking and not at those panelists.
- Be assertive no longer aggressive
- The total length is set 20 mins. CD will be for 15 minutes and 5 minutes may be given for questioning.
- Topics could be related to management issues, choice-making, management, and so on. HR Case discussion is usual situation based like a rescue operation and many others
- The fish marketplace must be avoided
Also Read: NMAT Exam Pattern
- Group Dynamics
- Capacity to analyze situations
- Idea technique
- Presentation fashion
- Personality: decision making and management capabilities
To clear the CD method
- Make certain you’re making 2-three meaningful entries inside the span of 15 minutes
- If the case is long and also you’re between the primary person to talk among all the others present (be among the first three to speak), ensure you present the hassle in a crisp way. just supply a clear direction and structure to the hassle.
- Support your strong factors with sturdy examples from modern affairs or real-existence stories
- Irrespective of what, constantly keep on with ethics
- In case of hard or summary subjects, try to use the different types of a framework, for example, PESTLE (Political, Economic, Social, Legal and Environment)
- Whenever you have got a point, continually again it up with an instance of reasoning. If every other candidate makes a factor, you could constantly put forward reasoning or an instance. this can impress the panelists
- Use the sheet given to make notes of all of the top factors placed throughout via others. this could be helpful while you summarize a CD
- I appreciate others from your institution. Don’t be smug.
- Help others, if you recognize someone has no longer been in a position to speak, ensure you deliver them that a chance to speak.
Also read: NMIMS CD PI Experiences
3. Personal Interview (PI)
Your academic skills were checked in the entrance test, your people’s skills were checked in GD, now comes the turn of gauging you on your own standards. The B-schools want to know how much you are aware of yourself and how much you relate your goals to your personal self. Students spend most of the time going through course books whereas 90 percent of the interview questions are based on you. What could be better than answering questions on yourself? But answering questions on yourself can catch you in a tight spot.
The panel may have your declaration of purpose (SOP). The SOP is a reflection of your excellent traits, your journey, and achievements to date with emphasis on why you want to pursue an MBA in NMIMS. It needs to be well dependent and portray the pleasant of yourself.
it also includes stated that “you drive your very own interview”, and that is authentic. You need to make your tale fall in location. trendy questions associated with work ex, preceding tasks, or internships are typically asked. aside from that, a few interviewees might grow to be asking random abstract questions simply to test your presence of mind and reasoning.
An ordinary interview lasts for approximately 20-25 mins minimal, but it actually relies upon at the Panel
Fine suggestions for personality Interview (PI)
- Put together for the non-public interview appreciably: assessment your software, learn about the faculty and prepare answers for the everyday questions
- Practice answering questions aloud earlier than the interview until you may deal with all forms of questions confidently
- Stroll into the interview with an air of self-belief and professionalism. offer a company handshake and a professional demeanor
- Concentrate cautiously to the interviewer’s questions and solution for this reason. do not babble ceaselessly about an associated topic or answer the query you desire he had requested
- Be yourself. in case your answers are ambiguous or inconsistent, the interviewer will in all likelihood don’t forget you a terrible candidate. don’t ship out any unnecessary warning signs.
Also read: How to crack NMAT
Some of the most asked interview questions are:
- Why do you want to do an MBA?
- What are your personal goals?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years down the line?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your strengths and weakness?
- Tell us about yourself.
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Which specialization would you choose if you are selected?
- What have you learned in your graduation days?
- What is your family background?
- What has been the biggest challenge you faced in your life so far?
Your success will, in the long run, depend on your ability to promote yourself to the interviewer. (S)he is in search of the subsequent tendencies:
- Communication abilities
- Analytical competencies
- Management capacity