10 Things to Know About GMATCATKing
1.What is the GMAT Exam
GMAT Exam is an entrance exam. This exam determines candidates analytical writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills in standard written English. GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is organized by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council). This Entrance Exam is for candidates who wish to seek admission in MBA and Masters in Finance related courses. This is a paper-based exam, that means one will get a single question at a time and calculating the efficiency of the previous answer, the adversity level of the next question will be verified.
2.Eligibility for GMAT Exam:
Candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the university/college one wishes to get into after giving the GMAT Exam. These are the criteria set by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council).
- Appropriate Qualification:
1.No official statement has been announced regarding the qualification required for appearing for GMAT Exam.
2.Candidates who choose to enrol for an MBA should acquire a graduate degree from any recognized college or university.
- Age Criteria:
- The candidate should be of minimum 18 years of age.
- There is no maximum age limit.
- A written permission letter is required from the parents or legal guardian of the candidates between 13 to 17 years of age.
3.Registration for GMAT Exam:
Registration for the GMAT entrance exam is open throughout the year. It is recommended to the candidates that they must create a study plan for the preparation for the exam. The candidates should make a strategy. Registration for this exam is available online as well as offline. One can register for this entrance exam 6 months before the Graduate Management Admission (GMAT) Test date. In an emergency, one can register 24 hours before the GMAT exam date. However, the slot might not be available at the very last moment.
There are 3 ways by which one can register for the exam-
- Post mail
Steps to register for this entrance exam:
- Firstly, Candidate needs to visit the official website of GMAC, which is mba.com.
- Then create an account on mba.com
- Visit the ‘Exams’ tab and click on ‘Register Now’ and it will take you to the official profile page.
- Abide personal details which have been asked and create your GMAT profile.
- One must check the test date and the test location.
4.Syllabus for GMAT Exam:
The syllabus of GMAT Exam 2019 has four major sections:
- Analytical Writing Assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
This major section helps to analysis the candidates’ capability to seriously think, accommodate and assess solutions to the problems.
5.The pattern for the GMAT Exam:
1. Analytical Writing Assessment :It is an analysis of an argument.
2. Integrated Reasoning
- Multi-source Reasoning- It provides three pieces of information on tabbed pages- emails, articles, data, charts.
- Graphics Interpretation
- Two-Part Analysis
- Table Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Data Sufficiency
- Sentence Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
6.Marking Scheme of GMAT Exam:
- Objective type questions are 79 and subjective type question is 1.
- Every Section has a particular duration.
7.Result of GMAT:
The results of GMAT will be declared within 20 days after the test. After the results are declared candidate needs to visit their GMAT account to view, download and print their score report.
8.Exam day requirements:
- Candidate must carry a valid GMAT approved photo ID. If a candidate forgets to carry the valid photo id, he/she won’t be allowed to appear for the GMAT test.
Rules and Regulations about what constitutes a valid, approved photo ID by GMAC:
- Candidates name using Roman Alphabet.
- Date of Birth.
- A recognizable and current photograph.
- Candidates Signature
If candidates GMAT photo ID does not have all of the above-mentioned things candidate won’t be admitted for GMAT.
- Name of the five MBA Programs where candidates want to send their scores to.
- Appointment confirmation letter or email
- Test centre directions
9.Institutes accepting GMAT Scores:
- ISB, Hyderabad Campus and Mohali Campus.
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.
- IIM, Ahmedabad.
- IIM, Banglore.
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- IIM, Calcutta.
- K.J.Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Amity Business School, Noida
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies
- MICA, Ahmedabad
10.Exam centres of GMAT: