How to Crack Verbal Ability in CET?Rahul Singh
Even though most of the doorway exams of this season are behind us, it’s time to specialize in the ultimate entrance examination for this exam season. The test, MH-CET, is predominantly a state-level MBA entrance examination for admissions into the MBA colleges of Maharashtra. However, students outside the state can also take this test. In this article, we will discuss the strategy to crack the verbal ability section of the MBA CET exam.
Overview of the MH-CET Verbal Ability Section
Before moving further, let’s have a glance at some of the previous year question papers: The verbal section had around 60 questions. The verbal section was dominated by reading comprehension and important reasoning-based questions. The opposite areas covered are sentence completion, cloze passage, sentence rearrangement, and vocabulary-based questions. So it’s clear that you simply got to increase the scope of your preparation so as to successfully master the exam and score well in it. There’s no negative marking during this exam.
MBA-CET introduces minor variations within the exam pattern year to year and a few of the question types might disappear this year and new ones could be present in situ of them. This is often why it’s important that you simply solve the MH-CET papers for the previous 5 years.
The pattern above highlights the following:
- The exam tests a mixture of reading, reasoning, and vocabulary skills.
- Reading comprehension forms a really important part of the exam.
- The reading section doesn’t require focused and in-depth reading because the passages are easy to moderate.
- MH-CET provides you a complete 150 minutes to unravel 200 questions. Out of those 150 minutes, you ought to attempt to spend 45 to 50 minutes on Verbal Ability.
- Remember, the highest institutes in MH-CET do have sectional cut-offs and you’re advised to balance your sectional attempts just in case these institutes are your target. Just in case you’re targeting institutes aside from the highest ones, then you’ll probably devote overtime to the areas of your strength and checkout to maximize your overall score within the exam.
Verbal Ability Pattern
There’ll be 50 questions within the Verbal ability Section in MBA MAH CET Exam with questions from sub section divided as follows:-
- Reading Comprehension 10
- Cloze Test 10
- Sentence Correction / Spot the error 5
- Fill within the blanks 5
- Para jumbles 5
- Vocab correct spelling 5
- Antonyms and Synonyms 5
- Probable starters 5
Tips and Strategies to Crack the Verbal Ability Section in MAH-CET
- We reiterate that if you are feeling you’ve got a command over English then this could be the starting section for MBA CET. You’ll finish it within a half-hour. Your attempt will always be good.. so ideal starter for the innings. When you get confused use the elimination rule and you’ll easily solve this section by eliminating options and getting them right down to 50-50 choices. Don’t waste an excessive amount of time per question.
- For those, who feel that English isn’t their forte i.e. it’s average, we might still recommend that you simply should still start your mah CET exam with this section. Attempt to read carefully and avoid minor mistakes. Remember to be extra cautious with Para jumbles. If you’re not too sure about a few problems, it’s better to go away. Otherwise, attempt 40 questions during this section with good accuracy, you’ll be ready to clear the general cut-offs without much trouble. The utmost time spent on this section should be a half-hour.
- If your English is weak, then only you ought to attempt it after the Reasoning and Quantitative sections. Attempt to solve as many questions within the above-mentioned sections as you’ll clear the overall cut-off albeit you score less in English. Since it’s your weakest section, don’t invest much time. Aim to urge 30+ questions. Our Mentors will recommend you to avoid Para jumbles instead go for Fill in the blanks, cloze procedure, and Sentence correction question. Once you’re through with them, attempt vocabulary questions from Reading Comprehension. This is able to be enough to extend your score.
- If you’ve got enough time for the exam devour an ebook(fictional/non-fictional), newspaper, or journal which is simply above your current level of reading.
- Keep an e-dictionary handy.
- Spend around an hour approximately daily for this activity. Not only will it improve your speaking skills, but it will also increase your reading speed which will help the candidate to attempt any question in a few seconds, especially CET where your race is against the clock.
- Faster reading speed can make a critical difference in clearing the cutoff since it enables you to read more questions in stipulated time.
- Besides the above-mentioned benefits, reading the newspaper drastically improves your public knowledge. Try reading most of the items on a computer or laptop screen. It’ll make your eyes and body familiar with a display screen where you’ve got to write down the exam finally. The above activity will assist you all together in the sections, especially in RC.
Best Study Material for CAT Preparation
Important:- IIM WAT PI Experience Dockets
How to Crack Different sections in Verbal Ability in MAH-CET
It’s generally suggested to read the paragraph first then the questions within the RC section. But on a display screen, it doesn’t make much sense as you can’t underline the important information. Hence, so as to save lots of time and increase accuracy, we recommend that you simply have a cursory check out the questions first then undergo the passage. This ensures that while reading the passage you exactly know what’s being asked, answer it correctly and continue to the subsequent question. Now for the fact-based questions like synonym/antonym and vocabulary questions of RC, first read the questions carefully then identify the sentence during which the word is present and skim it once. Then, have a glance at your options and trust your intuition to answer the question i.e. the primary choice that props up in your mind is that the most probable answer
2. Cloze Test:-
One paragraph with numbered blanks. These questions are easy and assist you to improve your performance. If you’re confused between two options, then move on to the subsequent question, solve it, and then come back to the question where you’re confused. You’ll now have a far better idea of the right choice.
3. Fill within the blanks:-
Accompany the elimination rule and you’ll easily solve this section by eliminating options. When you’ve left with two options, trust your instinct for selecting between the 2 options.
4. Spot the error /Sentence Correction:-
Eliminate options by reading the sentence and asking yourself “Does this sound right?”
- Complete exercises in ‘Wren & Martin’
- Complete all exercises in the study material given by the coaching centers
5. Probable starters and Fill in sentences:-
These are fairly new sorts of questions so we recommend you travel through a minimum of 30 questions of every. Trust me in CET verbal section is the simplest and most scoring one.
Top Colleges through CET How to crack verbal ability
CET Preparation MAH-CET Preparation Plan
How to prepare for CET in one month How to Crack CET
MBA CET Syllabus MBA CET Question Paper
How to crack LR in MBA CET CAT & CET
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.