IIM Udaipur is one of the new IIMs and completes a decade in the country. Initially with a temporary campus and now a permanent one situated in the Balicha area of the beautiful city – Udaipur. Moreover, IIM Udaipur is one of the most loved IIM amongst the new IIMs. It ranks 13th among the management institutes in India as per the NIRF Rankings 2019. In this article, we will know more about IIM Udaipur – fees, placements, campus, and selection process.
IIM Udaipur Highlights
- IIM Udaipur established in 2011 as an Autonomous University and has accreditation by AACSB. It provides MBA courses- Full-time PG and Doctoral, the most popular being MBA (2 years).
- The selection criteria- the entrance exam. So the exam scores accepted are CAT, GMAT, GRE, GATE. The application is online mode.
- Ranked 13th in the country under the management category and 1st among the 2nd generation IIMs (New IIMs)- NIRF Rankings 2019
- It is the youngest AACSB-accredited B-school in India.
- MBA program ranks at 101+ category among the global 129 programs by QS Masters in Management ranking 2019.
- Also, it ranks 3rd among the B-schools in the country based on research published in the global journal by UT Dallas Ranking.
IIM Udaipur Courses & Eligibility
It is for a duration of 2 years.
The eligibility for this course is
- Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- A valid score in CAT/ GMAT/ GRE.
MBA (GSCM & MBA DEM)
The duration of both courses, ie- Global Supply Chain Management and Digital Enterprise Management is 1 year.
The eligibility for both the courses is
- Graduation in any discipline with work experience of 3 years
- A valid score in GRE/ GMAT
The duration of the Ph.D. is 4.5- 5 years.
Eligibility criteria for this course
- Master’s degree in any discipline with 55% marks in aggregate.
CA/ ICWA/ CS with 50% marks in aggregate. BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch with 6.5 CGPA
- A valid score in CAT/ GRE/ GATE/ UGC NET/ CSIR NET
IIM Udaipur Fees
MBA ( 2 year )
- National: 15,92,000
- International: 20,35,000
MBA- Global Supply Chain Management
- Option 1: 12,40,000
- Option 2: 19,50,000
Also Read: CAT Preparation: The Do’s and Don’ts
MBA- Digital Enterprise Management
- Executive: 17,00,000
- Standard: 16,30,000
IIM Udaipur Admission
- For admission at IIM Udaipur, eligible candidates must appear in the examination required as per the course.
- However, to apply for a particular course, one must visit the official website of the Institute and fill the application form.
- The selection criteria for each course varies from each other. The institute shortlists candidates on a number of parameters like – Academic Background, Work experience, Merit score in the aptitude test, group discussion, and personal interview
- Scheduled Caste – 15%
- Scheduled Tribe – 7.5%
- OBC – 27%
- DAP – 5%
- EWS – 10%
(EWS- Economically Weaker Section)
IIM Udaipur Placements
Also refer: How to increase accuracy in CAT?
- IIM Udaipur Placements 2019 for its PGP batch 2017-19, has been over for this year.
- The summer and final placement reports are prepared according to the Indian Placement Reporting Standards (IPRS) and are audited by an external auditing agency.
- The highest domestic and international salaries offered were 27.50 LPA and 33 LPA respectively. In IIM Udaipur Placements 2019, 4 international companies had participated.
- These companies have recruited 9 students.
IIMU MBA GSCM Placement Highlights 2018-19
|Total offers received||18|
|Maximum CTC (Domestic)||INR 22.42 LPA|
|Minimum CTC (Domestic)||INR 15.44 LPA|
- The various roles like Sales and Marketing, Operations, Supply chain management, Business Analytics were offered to students.
IIMU MBA Placement Highlights 2017-19
|Total number of offers||205|
|Maximum CTC (Domestic)||INR 30.38 LPA|
|Minimum CTC (Domestic)||INR 12.25 LPA|
|Maximum CTC (International)||$47,444|
|Minimum CTC (International)||$27,775|
- There were around 78 recruiters that participated in the placements this year which, last year was 64.
- The new recruiters included Ambuja Cement, Cipla Health, Color Tokens, Enhance UAE, Flipkart, GAIL, HSBC, IDFC FIRST Bank, Little Artists, Markets and Markets, Marico, Maruti Suzuki, Oyo Weddingz, Reliance Home Finance, Zydus Cadila.
- While, past recruiters included Aditya Birla Capital, Accenture Strategy, Accenture Technology, Amul, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, Berger Paints, Cognizant, Cummins, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, ICICI Lombard, Infosys BPM, ITC, Infotech, KPMG, Landmark Group, L&T, MAQ Software, Quikr, Rural Electrification Corporation Limited, Tata Advanced Systems, Tata Steel, United Breweries, Ujjivan Bank, VF Corp, Xpress Money, Yes Bank.
- The highest number of job offers were made by BFSI and consulting follows.
- The majority of job roles were in Sales, marketing, and business development domain. This was followed by consulting job roles.
- Let’s look at the breakup of the 205 placements across the various domains:
- Sales, Marketing & Business Development roles – 61
- Consulting – 29
- Analytics – 25
- General management – 24
- Operations/SCM – 20
- Finance – 16
- To be received – 15
- Product management – 6
- Strategy – 6
- Human Resource – 3
IIM Udaipur Scholarship
Following are the scholarships offered by the management institute to help the deserving students finance their studies:
Government of India Scholarships:
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes Students.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes Students
- Merit-cum means based scholarship scheme belonging to the minority communities
- Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities.
Government of Rajasthan Scholarships (for candidates from Rajasthan):
- Mukhya Mantri Sarvajan Uchcha Shiksha Scheme
IIM Udaipur Hostel
The hostel facility is available for national as well as international students. The rooms are sharing – single and double depending on your course. The hostel has all the necessary amenities required. Some more information that you may require:
|IIM MBA||Twin sharing||National
Hostel: INR 12,000/ per semester
Mess: INR 17,000/ per semester
Hostel: INR 18,000/ per semester
Mess: INR 17,000/ per semester
|MBA (Global Supply Chain Management)||– Executive- Single occupancy room with an attached toilet. –
Standard- Single occupancy room without an attached toilet
*Option 1: INR 1,60,000
*Option 2: INR 2,20,000
Option 1: INR 1,00,000
Option 2: INR 1,50,0000
|MBA (Digital Enterprise Management)||Executive
Module 1: INR 1,00,000
Module 2 & 3: INR 60,000
Module 1: INR 60,000
2 Module: INR 50,000
Module 3: INR 40,000
I hope this article helps you with your CAT preparations.
Don’t give up and All the very best!
Also, some must-reads