Importance of CAT Mock Tests | CAT Exam PreparationAnisha Mukhija
The CAT exam is a computer-based test that you can take at only one time of the year. It consists of two sections: Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability. The Quantitative Ability section has 22 questions, Verbal Ability section has 24 questions, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning with 20 questions. Out of those 48 are MCQ based and 18 are non–MCQ based.
The CAT exam is an important feature in your preparation for MBA admissions and it’s best to start preparing for it as soon as possible. This article will tell you how to prepare for the CAT exam and what are the things to keep in mind before taking a mock test for CAT preparation. Mock tests are very crucial part for cracking CAT exam.
So make sure you read the whole article to gain all the understanding about the importance of mock tests for CAT preparation strategy.
How to Prepare with Mock Tests? A Comprehensive Guide for Every Candidates
Mock CAT tests are a great way to prepare for the actual exam. There are many benefits of taking mock CATs. They help you identify your strengths and weaknesses; they give you an idea of what to expect on the real day, they help you develop test-taking strategies and they also help you keep track of your progress.
There are many ways in which one can prepare for the CAT exam with mock tests. The most important thing is that one should take as many mock tests as possible. However, it is always important to set a target number and stick to it so that one does not end up taking too many mock tests which could lead to burnout.
Also read: importance-of-cat-mocks-exam
Tips For Taking a Successful CAT Exam Mock Test
Taking a CAT exam mock test is a good way to prepare for the actual exam. It helps you figure out what areas you need to focus on and which ones you can skip. It also helps you get an idea of the time pressure that will be present during the CAT exam.
A mock test is not a replacement for studying, but it can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses in preparation for the real exam.
Below are some tips to help you take your first successful mock test:
– Take plenty of time to study beforehand, so that when taking the mock test, your mind is already full of facts and figures.
– Don’t worry about getting all questions right or finishing in less than 60 minutes; this is not an accurate representation of how long it will take you to finish the full study guide.
– In real exam only answer those question which you are 100% sure about, but when you are giving the mock test, you can take some risk and try solving those which you are 70% confident about.
Advantages of CAT Mock Test:
- Keeps track of your exam performance
- Increases accuracy & speed
- Develops a viable exam-taking method
- Fast and successfully adjusts to different cat patterns
- Demonstrates self-control several times prior to the actual cat to overcome anxiety.
- Examines both your strong and weak chapters to help you perform better.
- Produces information for one’s own examination and comparison with others.
Cracking CAT will be a lot easier if you manage your preparation strategy and follow some of the tips mentioned. Solving mock tests helps you identify the loopholes in your exam study, so you know what to prioritize and can take timely action.
So, to achieve your goals you need to work hard and give the best you can in CAT exam.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more MBA Related Videos.