Is India ready for Electric Vehicles- Part 2Anisha Mukhija
Is India ready for Electric Vehicles- Part 2
Policies of some Indian States:
- Karnataka – It was the first state to have come up with an electric vehicle policy
- Maharashtra – It too has a good electric vehicle policy but it has a limit, it focuses only on the first 1 Lakh customers.
- Telangana – It has removed road tax and registration fees on electric vehicles (But only 2 lakh electric 2-Wheelers would get the subsidy)
Automobile leaders in EV
- Maruti Suzuki
- Maruti Suzuki is the chief within the passenger automobiles area and has been a piece past due in leaping at the EV bandwagon.
- Earlier this year, it stated that it will broaden electrification technology through 2025 and completely put it into effect in merchandise from 2025
- Tata Motors
- With the release of its a hit electric powered automobile named NEXON, it has controlled to spark pleasure amongst consumers.
- It released the electric model of Tigor. It additionally plans to release 10 new and affordable vehicles.
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- From Mahindra e20 and Verito to e-buses for public transport, the corporation is absolutely in.
- It plans to make investments of 3000 crores in the electrical car enterprise in the eminent three years.
- Hero Motocorp
- Hero motocorp has committed a wing named Hero Electric to layout and manufacture motorcycles.
- With greater than a dozen motorcycles together with Atria, Photon, and Optima, Hero is already equipped to depart a mark withinside the EV area.
- Building infrastructure for charging stations.
- Motivating common people to buy an electric vehicle.
- Dependence on Li-Ion imports for batteries of EVs.
- People have issues with:
Efficiency of batteries
Driving range of the EVs
- Training people in using EVs is another challenge.
- It’s a good thing to switch to EVs, as it is an environment-friendly option but the government should ensure that the transition will be smooth.
- We will not have to rely on foreign countries for petrol and diesel and will be a step towards Self Reliant India.