KPMG applied finance course Batch profileAnisha Mukhija
KPMG applied finance course Batch profile
Why this course?
Everything changed during the pandemic. With all the credits going to the adverse situation that Covid got us in we did not averse to it, rather, we adapted. A major change in the history of education is to shift to online platforms. This is where the biggest companies in the world like KPMG itself took charge and provided such online platforms to transform yourself and become job-ready via Online courses. No these are becoming more like hybrid programs where lots of time and energy is spent. Moreover, association with corporations and educational institutions took it to the next level.
Who picks these online programs?
- Students from prestigious colleges like SRCC, Symbiosis, Christ university, etc.
- Students from MIT, Manipal, VIT, Vellore, etc.
- Tier 1 b-schools like IIM Kashipur.
- The University of Toronto abroad.
How to evaluate an authentic program?
Research well about the program. It is always advisable to research well about the program you are interested in in terms of the hours you will be investing, who is specialist or faculty teaching, provision of weekend/ weekday classes, etc.
Quick checks about the KPMG program- Master’s Union
- It is a 1-year course.
- Delivered by KPMG itself.
- The faculties include their Partners, Assistant Partners, Directors, etc. Mr. Vijay Gogoi business partner at KPMG.
- Provides placement assistance.
- Good batch profile students.
- Total 250 hours of study.
- Provides 6 months’ virtual internship.
- Tools like SAP & Power BI are taught.
- 5 terms are there namely T1, T2, T3, T4, and T5.
- Also teaches fundamentals of Accounting- Tax Accounting, Stakeholder management, and Storytelling.
- Batch profile- total of 121 students which Male- 78, females- 43.
- Minimum age- 19yrs to Maximum age- 31yrs and average age- 21.5yrs.
- 55% freshers and 45% working professionals are there.
- Past experiences of American express. Bharti Airtel, Genpact, Mondelez India, Oracle, LIC, Capgemini etc.
- Placements packages:
Executives- 4-6 LPA
Managers- 8-16 LPA
Deputy Managers- 7.5- 8.5 LPA
Finance & Accounting- 4.5- 8 LPA.
[as per mentioned by Naukri.com]
- Enrolment process- application fee- INR 500, interview followed by your admission or offer letter. The fees of the course is around 2.9lacs. they enrol students on the grounds of their structured communication, thought process, financial ambitions, and community work. You also have EMI options for 12 months in the total fees. They also provide scholarships that are strictly merit-based of up to 50%. If there is LOP as in you are a covid victim or bread owner of a family who died due to covid then you will get 50% scholarships. Also, if you are differently-abled then you are eligible for the same amount of scholarship.
Why KPMG only?
KPMG is a celebrated established name among the Big 4 of the world in taxation, consulting, risk, auditing, evaluation, valuation, etc. so they are there in the corporate business for a long time. They have 5yrs experience in making corporate people teach in that space. They have all managers and partners come on board with 100% live classes.
Best suited for whom?
If you are going in a program that is highly community building base and if you are given lots of assignments, group work, lots of tests and challenges, which are coming up, start-up incubation, etc. How you deal with it in a group is also taught.
Most companies are firing at a faster rate so employees need to transition to stay in the game to exhibit knowledge, and change at the right time, Hence, KPMG has joined to serve this.
All the best!!