Mba in Textile ManagementRahul Singh
Today textile industry is not just about carpets , draperies and apparel but has evolved as a full-fledged industry. The textile industry is a fast growing business and requires skilled management graduates. Textile industry in India is directly or indirectly the second largest employer of workers.Employment opportunities not only include management programs leading to plant or corporate management but also include technical sales , industrial engineering , product development, marketing, customer relations, human resources, and cost and inventory control.
Specialization in Textile Management:
The Masters program in Textile Marketing is a response to the growing demands of fashion industry involving creative and skilled people.It is a tough challenge for fashion companies involving dealing with increased global competition with issues of sustainability.The program will give you knowledge about these challenges and believe to work with fashion marketing, brand management and consumer behavior as well as the planning and performing of fashion marketing activities around the world. The program provides knowledge about fashion marketing both in theory and in applications. The Textile Management will enable you to analyse problems, manage brand ownership and to design innovative marketing program in the fashion sector based on fashion or trends of the people. There is wide range of increase in the world for the Textiles in all over the world. It is a developed course in India.
Textile Management Eligibility Criteria:
- The eligibility for both Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Apparel Management in any discipline (Preference for Textiles graduates) is required. For Non Engineering / Non textiles graduates, atleast two years of work experience in textile related industry is required.
- For Post graduate diploma in home textile management, diploma in Textiles Technology / Handloom Technology / other textile related subjects (or) Degree in textiles related subjects (or) any other degree with two years of work experience in textile related industry is required.
- Selection to the above courses is generally made on the basis of CAT / XAT/ MAT Score / SVPITM(Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute Of Textile Management) Entrance Exam / IGNOU– Entrance test /The AIMS Test for Management Admissions /Institute of Textile Technology and Management Entrance Exam followed by GD & PI.
Colleges in India offering Textile Management:
Following are the good colleges that provide management courses in Textile Management:
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, Tamil Nadu.
• Indian Management School and Research Centre, Mumbai.
• Institute of Business Management Studies, Mumbai.
• National Institute of Retail Management, Bangalore.
• Athos College of Management, Pune.
Job Opportunities in Textile Industry:
India is rapidly growing in the Textile industry and have excellent opportunities.The opportunities are open for the people who are very much interested in the manufacturing , designing and marketing of these goods. There are various levels in this industry like :
- Management Trainee
- Technical Sales
- Industrial Engineering Management
- Product Development
- Customer Relations
- Human Resources
- Cost and Inventory Control Management
- It helps people to gain advanced designing, textile, fashion and innovative industry knowledge.
- It helps the individuals to achieve confidence in playing with different fabrics, colors and materials to produce innovations in the industry.
- It helps these individuals get better advantage in the technical as well as desk job fields too.
- It provides extra knowledge of the fashion trends and the tools required to implement different brilliant as well as spectacular ideas on a larger scale.
The people who are very much interested in the clothes, design of textiles and marketing the textiles can be taken this as their post-graduation course for the better future.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page