MICA formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, was established in 1991 by the Mudra Foundation for Communications Research and Education (MFFCRE)
- A niche autonomous, not-for-profit management institution that caters to the specific needs of the media and communications businesses
- The first residential academic institution in India and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region dedicated solely to the needs of the integrated marketing communications industry
- It has been successfully offering courses that integrate management education with modern and professional communications techniques
- Maintained an excellent track record of producing students that can think ‘out of the box’
- The faculty members at the institute have been handpicked for their strong research and teaching skills while visiting faculty members share real-world insights of different industries with students
Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
A top-rated institute, MICA offers an AICTE approved PGDM-C, equivalent to an MBA with specializations in Marketing Research, Digital Communication Management, Brand Management, Media Management, and Advertising Management.
MICA’s FPM-C [Fellow Programme in Management- Communications] is the only of its kind AICTE approved doctoral level programme that encourages both fundamental and applied research in the communication domain, with offerings in the sub-areas of 1. Communication and Media, 2. Communication and Marketing, 3. Communication and Culture, and 4. Communication and Social Change.
Offering specializations in Crafting Copywriting and Art Direction, the Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Crafting Creative Communications (CCC).
Its spirit lies in its grasping of contemporariness, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community.
An Overview of Mica Campus-:
Spread over 19 acres, MICA’s campus can be best described by its red brick walls, ample open spaces, state of the art infrastructure, modern amenities and rich landscaping. With eight seminar halls, fully equipped with audiovisual capabilities every aspect of this diverse and vibrant community has been designed to help MICAns develop their creative and management skills.
Why Choose Mica?
MICA spirit lies in its grasping of contemporariness, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community.
Today, MICA is the alma mater of professionals serving in leadership positions in some of the best-known companies in India and the world, in marketing, brand management, research & analytics, advertising, media, digital and other related businesses.
Here are some more reasons amongst the millions of reasons as to “Why choose Mica?”
- 100% placement since the past few years
- Autonomous institution and AICTE approved
- PGDM recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU) to be equivalent to MBA
- Partnership with Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK, Association of Asia Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS) and Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA)
- Collaboration with foreign universities for faculty-student exchange and joint research programs
- Faculty participates in research projects and published their own research papers
- Promotes entrepreneurship with the help of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India
What is the admission criteria of Mica Ahmedabad-:
- CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT any of the exams should be given
- Work experience requirement: Not mandatory
- English proficiency requirement: Understanding of spoken and written English
- Letters of recommendations: Not required
- Interview/group discussion:
- Web-based interview for non-resident Indians and foreign nationals
- Group exercise and personal interview for all other candidates
Read: MICAT Exam Pattern
MICAT 2016-18 selection process-:
The selection process for PGDM-C 2016-18 has three steps:
Step 1- Each candidate must have scores of at least one of the three exams: CAT 2015, XAT 2016 and GMAT (2012 onwards).
Step 2- MICA Admission Test (MICAT) to assess the leadership potential of the applicant reflecting an aptitude for creative thinking, communication, and consumer centricity.
The admission test will assess candidates in areas such as Divergent Thinking Abilities, Written Communication Abilities, General Awareness about contemporary social and business issues, including areas relevant to media, marketing, advertising & current affairs and Analytical & Verbal Abilities. The Admission test also includes psychometric profiling to assess the candidate’s leadership potential.
Step 3- Based on the performance in the MICA Admission Test (MICAT), applicants are shortlisted for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) to assess a candidate’s overall personality, thought process, ability to work in a team, knowledge, determination, maturity and fit into the culture of MICA.
Candidates who could not get shortlisted for the GE-PI rounds could appear for MICAT – II scheduled on February 14, 2016. The GE-PI rounds will be held only in MICA Ahmedabad campus for MICAT- II takers.
Fees structure of Mica Ahmedabad-:
Details of fee per year for Two Year PGDM-C
|Admission fee:||Rs. 1, 875|
|Fees:||Rs.13, 50, 000|
|Schedule for payment:||Three equal installments in a year
July – September | payable in July
October – December | payable in October
January – March | payable in January
|Fee waivers granted:||On request, deferment of payment is permitted.|
Scholarships offered by Mica Ahmedabad-:
- MICA-TAM Media Scholarship Excellence for the Three Best Dissertations in Media Management.
- Divya Bhaskar Scholarship of Academic Excellence in Media Management.
- State Bank of India (SBI) provides financial assistance for the eligible aspirants.