How to Analyze your MocksCATKing
The primary goal of analyzing a mock test is to identify your robust and weak regions. Mock assessments are designed to acquaint you with the online interface as well as the sample of actual NMAT examination.
Many students preserve postponing, wondering- “I am not prepared but” or “I nevertheless don’t know enough to strive a mock test”. Procrastinating can bring about you losing treasured time left for the examination so that you can adversely affect your NMAT score. So, move for it now due to the fact ‘there may be no next day’.
If the concept of complete-length mock tests scares you an excessive amount of, attempt the sectional tests first. this can increase your self-belief to take complete length tests too. after you try the mock tests, the following critical step is to analyze your performance.
Mock tests permit you to gauge the extent of your instruction for the NMAT exam. Many aspirants placed an identical quantity of difficult work, but what differentiates their score in the actual exam is their strategy for the examination. this strategy in conjunction with the top-quality level of hard work is what constitutes ‘smart work’. only an efficient evaluation can cause a powerful approach.
Why the Analysis is so Important: Let’s take a look at it step by step
After you submit your test, you are presented with figures like percentile, score, accuracy and many other aspects of the test. Apart from these figures, the mock analysis also helps you to lists down your areas of strengths & weaknesses.
Before going into the special evaluation, we take a quick list of things to see why do we want to analyze a mock test?
1. To evaluate your present-day stage of preparation
2. To maximize your strengths & minimize your weaknesses
3. To design the proper strategy
4. To keep away from repeating the identical mistakes
Section Wise Analysis:
Starting with an easy section will increase your self-belief and fetch you a very good score in the examination.
1. After scanning your section-wise scores & accuracy, determine the time you have to invest in each section for your subsequent mock test.
2.keep in mind, you want to maintain an awesome balance in all sections for clearing the sectional cut-offs.
3. Sectional time restriction may additionally or might not be there. So, you need to prepare a powerful approach for both situations.
Question wise Analysis
After sectional analysis, check your question-wise analysis and strategize within sections.
- Decide the sequence in which you should attempt the questions:- your strong areas/easy questions/less time-consuming to weak areas/difficult questions/more time-consuming.
- Decide the time: You need to allot time to each question type. If you make a time-efficient plan, you can invest the saved time to solve the more complicated questions later. On the whole, this strategy results in a really good score.
- Questions answered correctly: Most students tend to ignore their strong areas. But, there can be a better way to utilize your strengths. Check if the solution technique adopted for the question was same as yours? Or is it more time-saving than yours? Did you spend more time on these questions than required?
- Questions answered incorrectly: Compare your solution with the one given. Check what went wrong in your solution? If the solution technique is same, it indicates lack of accuracy. This means you need to work more on your calculation techniques. If the solution is different, learn & practice it on regular intervals.
This kind of analysis lets you identify- which questions aren’t worth spending time, which questions should be done first, which questions should be tried later and how much time should be allotted to various question types.
- Apart from the sectional and question-wise analysis, you can also look through your area-wise analysis as well as comparison of mock tests. This lets you monitor your performance with respect to the previous test you had attempted.
- Do not feel disheartened if you are not able to score well in the initial mocks. ‘Rome was not built in a day’. That’s why the motive behind taking mock tests is to assist you in designing the most appropriate strategy before your exam date.
- Most important of all, keep revising and practicing the previous mocks on regular intervals. Some students forget to do this, thus ending up making the same mistakes over and over again.
Finally, planning is as much important as hard work. Keeping the above things in mind, do an effective analysis & develop a strategy that works best for you.
Keep in mind that this method differs from individual to individual. The strategy that works satisfactory for you, might not work for the opposite individual. you need to keep enhancing your approach whilst attempting mock tests until you find that ‘appropriate method’ which fits you the best
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page