NPAT Exam Prep: Ace the Quantitative Ability SectionAnisha Mukhija
Congratulations on deciding to take the NPAT exam! NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth) is an entrance exam conducted by NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) for admission to various undergraduate and integrated degree programs. The QA section of NPAT assesses the quantitative aptitude of the candidates.
The QA section of NPAT consists of 40 multiple choice questions (MCQs) and carries a weightage of 40 marks. In this part, the questions are meant to test the candidate’s ability to solve problems in math, probability, statistics, geometry, and trigonometry.
Here is an in-depth look at the NPAT Syllabus to help you understand the main topics and prepare for the test.
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Sets and Functions||4|
|Elementary statistics & Probability||4|
The QA section of NPAT is a time-bound section with a duration of 45 minutes. Candidates should be able to handle their time well enough to answer all of the questions in the time allotted. It is important to note that there is negative marking in the QA section of NPAT, where 1/4th of the marks assigned to a question will be deducted for each incorrect response.
To prepare for the QA section of NPAT, candidates should focus on strengthening their basic mathematical concepts and practice solving a variety of problems from different topics. They can also study standard textbooks and past test papers to acquire a sense of the exam’s questions. With proper preparation, you can pass the NPAT quantitative ability part. To become an NPAT topper follow the guidance and tips on how to prepare for Quantitative Ability Section:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Before starting your preparation, it’s essential to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. The NPAT’s part on quantitative ability is meant to test your understanding of math from high school, such as algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and how to read data. Familiarize yourself with the type of questions asked, the marking scheme, and the time allotted for this section.
- Practice, Practice, Practice: The key to excelling in the quantitative ability section is practice. Make sure to solve as many practice questions and mock tests as possible. This will help you learn what kinds of questions are asked and how hard they are, as well as improve your speed and accuracy. You can find plenty of practice materials online or in study guides and reference books.
- Brush Up on Your Basics: The quantitative ability section tests your understanding of basic mathematical concepts. Make sure to brush up on your fundamentals of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Practice solving equations, calculating areas and volumes, and understanding graphs and charts. If you’re unsure about any concept, refer to your study materials or seek help from a tutor or teacher.
- Learn Time Management: Time management is crucial in the NPAT exam, especially in the quantitative ability section. Make sure to allocate your time wisely and work efficiently. Start with the easier questions and move on to the tougher ones. Don’t spend too much time on any one question. If you’re stuck, walk on and come back to it later.
- Work on Your Mental Math Skills: In NPAT exam, you’re not allowed to use a calculator. This means you’ll need to work on your mental math skills. Practice doing calculations in your head, and learn shortcuts and tricks to save time. This will help you solve problems faster and with greater accuracy.
- Focus on Weak Areas: Identify your weak areas in the quantitative ability section and focus on improving them. Spend more time practicing those topics and seek help if needed. Don’t ignore any topic, as every question carries equal weightage in the exam.
- Analyze Your Performance: After each practice test or mock exam, analyze your performance. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on improving them. Also, identify any patterns or mistakes you’re making and take steps to correct them. This will help you fine-tune your preparation and perform better in the actual exam.
In conclusion, the key to acing the quantitative ability section in NPAT is practice and preparation. Understand the exam pattern and syllabus, practice as much as possible, and focus on improving your weak areas. Work on your time management and mental math skills, and analyze your performance regularly. With these tips, you can prepare well and perform your best on the exam. Good luck!
Also read: https://catking.in/why-you-should-consider-taking-the-npat-exam/