NPAT – NMIMS Programs after Twelfth
The NPAT is the recognised exam for entrance in NMIMS University or Narsee Monjee Institute of Management studies for its Graduate (B.Tech, BBA, B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc. Finance, B.Sc. Applied Statistics & Analytics, B.Sc. Mathematics, B.Sc. Economics, B.Des. (Humanising Technology) and B.A. (Hons.) Liberal Arts) and Integrated Degree Programs (MBA Tech (B.Tech + MBA Tech.) and B.Pharm + MBA (Pharma. Tech.) for campuses in Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Indore & Dhule Campuses.
The exam is computer based/online and there are two papers. One is common for all applicants and one is to be given by B.Des Applicants in addition to the first paper.
NPAT 2020 will be held in the second week of May across various centres in 49 cities in India.
The last date for online registration will be on the 3rd May (tentative date) and the hall tickets will be made available within a week of the examination.
Subscribe to get latest news and updates!
Candidates willing to appear for NPAT 2019 must ensure that they comply by the eligibility criteria of the exam, failing which, the applications might be rejected by the officials. The eligibility criteria for NPAT has been prescribed by NMIMS university, the conducting body of the exam.
1. The candidate applying for the exam must have cleared Class 12 examination or equivalent. Also, this should be inclusive of International Baccalaureate Diploma in any stream. This diploma must be attained from a recognized Board at first attempt. Candidates must note that IB Certificate awarded is not eligible
2. The candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in 10+2 equivalent examination
3. It is compulsory for the student to have passed in Mathematics/ Statistics at 10+2 or equivalent exam
5. Candidates exceeding 25 years of age are not eligible for applying to the exam
6. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from Open or Distance learning (ODL) can also apply for the exam, but the school must be recognized only by National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
7. As per NPAT BBA Eligibility Criteria 2019, those candidates who have passed, or, are appearing for 10+2 examination from a Board/University where Grade Point Average is given, must produce in writing from the Board/University concerned, the equivalent percentage for the GPA /CGPA obtained.
Get detailed information about all NPAT 2020 important dates such as exam date, registration date, application date, result date and much more on CATKing.
|Admit card Availability||1st week of May 2020|
|NMIMS NPAT 2020 Exam date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Merit list||3rd week of May 2020|
|Result declaration||1st week of June 2020|
The admission process of NPAT 2019 is explained below.
Stage 1: Registration
NPAT application form was available from January 22 to May 2, 2019. Candidates need to apply online for the exam. Fee for the exam can be paid through an online payment gateway like credit/debit/net banking. The steps to fill the NPAT application form is explained below.
i. Click on register and create an account.
ii. Go to your mailbox and verify
iii. Login with username and password to complete the application form
iv. Pay the registration fee
The admit card of NPAT 2019 was released on May 8, 2019. All eligible candidates who have registered for the exam were issued NPAT admit card. Candidates need to download the admit card online by logging with ID and password. The admit card carries the date, time and venue of the admission test.
Stage 3: NPAT entrance test
NPAT 2019 was conducted online at various centres in the country. The test carried objective type multiple choice questions. There were no descriptive type questions. The pattern of the test is different for engineering and non-engineering programmes.
Stage 4: Merit List
Merit list of candidates is prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in NPAT 2019. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of merit and preferences given by candidates for programs and campus.
Stage 5: Admission Fees
Selected candidates need to pay the requisite fee for admission. The fee varies as per the courses and campus. The admission fee for BBA and B.Tech programs are given below.
|Mumbai Campus||Rs. 2,80,000|
|Bangalore Campus||Rs. 2,75,000|
|Indore Campus||Rs 2,40,000|
|Navi Mumbai Campus||Rs 2,75,000|
|Dhule Campus||Rs 1,50,000|
|Mumbai Campus||Rs. 2,90,000|
|Shirpur||Rs. 1,60,000 and Rs. 1,20,000 (for Textile Only)|
NPAT Exam Syllabus
The NPAT exam consists of 3 sections: Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Proficiency in English Language and Reasoning and General Intelligence. The primary subsections under these are:
Quantitative and Numerical Ability
Profit and Loss
Simple and Compound Interest
Ratio and Proportion
Area and Volume
Sets and Venn Diagrams
Elementary Statistics and Probability
Permutation and Combination
Proficiency in English Language
Applied Grammar and Contextual Usage
Sequencing of Ideas
Reasoning and General Intelligence
Verbal Logical Reasoning
NPAT Paper Pattern:
Exam Mode: Computer-Based/Online
Number of Questions: 120 (40 in each section)
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) or Objective Based
Duration: 100 minutes
Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer
No Negative Marking
NPAT will be conducted in a window of two days.
|Section||Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||Quantitative & Numerical ability||40||40|
|2||Reasoning & General Intelligence||40||40|
|3||Proficiency in English Language||40||40|
NPAT Exam Analysis:
NPAT Exam has 40 Questions in Each section were given.
In the Section of Quantitative and Numerical Aptitude, questions were from various areas of Quants mainly Time and Distance,Set theory (3-5 questions), Trigonometry (3-5 questions), Functions (3-5 questions), Progressions (1 question), Quadratic Equations (2-3 questions), Bodmas (2-3 questions) and Numbers (2-3 questions) , Ratios, Percentages, fractions(1 question), Profit and Loss(1 question) and Simple and Compound (1 question)Interest. Ideal Attempts would be 22-23 questions.
The last section saw 3 sets of RCs with 12-15 questions in all. A number of questions from grammar, vocabulary and Parajumbles were also given. Questions on Parajumbles were 4.
1 question each from assumption and argument type was also asked. The ideal time to denote to this section would be 25 min attempting 30-32 questions.
The candidates were given to choose two test cities at the time of online registration. The same was applicable for both days in case the candidate has opted for test for both days.
NPAT last year was conducted at the following centres:
|Delhi||Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Greater Noida|
|Madhya Pradesh||Indore, Bhopal|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai , Navi Mumbai ,Thane ,Shirpur ,Pune, Nagpur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur ,Udaipur ,Kota|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, Kanpur|
In order to apply for NPAT Exam, go to the official website of NMIMS http://www.npat.in/npat.php
1. In the upper part of the homepage, Click on the “Register” Button.
2. Click on ‘Apply Now’ and create your account.
3. Verify your account by clicking the given link sent to your registered email.
4. Login with your new username and password and fill out your application form.
5. Fill the form save and submit.
6. In order to complete the process, make online payment.
For one school program -> Rs 1800
For two programs of two different schools -> Rs 3000
For three programs of three different schools -> Rs 4000
For four programs of four different schools -> Rs 5000
7. Next, the candidate needs to upload a recent photograph in JPEG format (200px X 130px). The size of the photograph should not exceed 500KB
Take a printout of the complete application form
NMIMS’s official website will release the NPAT Admit Card.
Within one week of the examination, the hall tickets will be made available and applicants who are eligible and have registered for the same can login using their User ID and password for downloading the ticket. No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without the same. The details of the venue and time will be on the hall ticket.
To download the admit card, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Visit the official website
• Click on the ‘NPAT 2019 Admit card’ tab on the homepage
• Candidates are redirected to the admit card login page
• Enter NPAT ID and password
• NPAT admit card 2019 will appear on the screen
• Download and take its printout
Documents required along with NPAT Admit Card
Any candidate found without admit card or without the photograph on the admit card will not be permitted to appear for the test. Along with the admit card, it is important to carry anyone original ID proof along with a photocopy of the same while appearing for NPAT. Candidates can carry any one of the following:
5.Driving License (Learner license will not be accepted)
6.12th Admit Card