Strategy for XAT Decision Making – Free Workshop by XAT ToppersRahul Singh
Special XAT Decision Making Workshop with Rahul Sir, powered by WESchool Bangalore
Highlights of the Workshop:
– The Different Types of Decision Making Questions: Managerial, Behavioral, Ethical and Mathematical
-The Triple P Formula to Crack Decision Making
– How to Approach Caselet based functional Decision Making Questions
– XAT 99%ile Strategy
Session Timing: 19th Dec, Wednesday, 9 pm Online
Registration is Mandatory:
Click here to register or copy paste this in browser https://goo.gl/coSCzT
To Join on Mobile, Download the Cisco Webex App and connect using below details:
Meeting Number: 574222671
For more Queries Connect 9833982635
About XAT Decision Making
In the past few years, XAT has seen an increase in the number of questions on Decision Making. This makes Decision Making an important factor in clearing percentile cut-offs. Unfortunately, a lot of students don’t know how to prepare for this section, and end up with low scores for this section. Lack of Knowledge and a lack of time invested in preparing, are the reasons for low scores in Decision Making.
The following guidelines will help you to build your preparation strategy for Decision Making:
1) Know the question: Questions asked in Decision Making usually ask you to choose the correct decision. A situation will be given to you that will involve a number of situations and factors. Your job is to evaluate all the situations and factors, and based on this, take the appropriate decision.
Another type of question is where you will have to choose the appropriate reason that led to a particular situation.
What led him/her to do this?
What would you choose if ___ happened?
Which of the following is the best option?
What would be the most ethical option?
2) Know the different types: The passages/sets that are asked in this section can be broadly grouped into types.
Situations involving strategies
Situations related to Corporate/Human Resources
Most of the sets will belong to any of the above mentioned types.
3) Approaching the set: Any activity done with the right approach will bear fruits. The same holds true for decision making questions. You have to follow a logical approach while making a decision for a particular question. DO NOT make EMOTIONAL decisions.
Remember, XAT is an exam that is attempted by students who will eventually go on to become future business leader. Therefore, like any business leader, you have to make decisions based on logic (and sometimes, ethics) and not on your feelings/emotions.
4) Approaching the options: As mentioned earlier, a lot of questions will have options that are pretty close to each other. A lot of students get confused between two or more options.
Now, here is where, again, the way you approach the answers, comes into play. Instead of trying to find the right answer, focus on eliminating the wrong ones. The quicker you eliminate options, the faster you can zero in on the correct choice.
So, when practising, focus on eliminating the wrong/incorrect options.
5) Past Papers: Practice Makes Perfect. And the best material to practice for Decision Making is the previous years’ papers for XAT. Get your hands on the questions and solutions of previous years’ papers of XAT. Try out the decision making questions from these papers. You will get a good idea about how the questions are asked.
Also, the difficulty levels of the set/questions vary. Attempting the past papers will give you good exposure to the different levels of complexity in the decision making section.
6) Practice: The final tip will be practice. Practice all the mock questions and previous years’ questions. The more you solve, the better you’ll get at tackling Decision Making questions.
Do follow the above guidelines while preparing for Decision Making. They will make the preparation for this section, a lot less cumbersome. Many students give up on this section as they fail to take the above mentioned tips into account, while preparing. As a result, they approach this section with pretty low levels of confidence.
The above guidelines give you the right info and approach, which is needed before beginning your preparation. Follow these tips and crack this section.
All the Best!!