How to crack the SNAP exam, tips, and tricks!
What is SNAP Exam?SNAP is an entrance exam conducted at the national level by Symbiosis International University Pune to conduct admission to the management programs offered at all affiliated institutes. The overall level of difficulty of the exam is comparatively high. However, you can easily ace it by investing some time so let's see how we can crack the SNAP exam. Also refer: Courses on SNAP specially curated by mentors of top B-schools In this article, you will read about the SNAP 2020 exam, eligibility, paper pattern updates, tips, and tricks to crack SNAP 2020.
SNAP exam 2020 Important dates
- Application/registration -Second week of August to the third week of November
- SNAP Mock test - Second week of October to the first week of November
- Admit Cards - First week of December
- SNAP exam - Second Sunday of December
- Answer key - Third week of December
- SNAP results - Second week of January
Section-wise SNAP Preparation
SNAP Preparation for General English
- The marking scheme for normal questions of this section has been increased from 1 to 1.5, the verbal section will have 34 questions making a total of 51 marks for this section.
- Also, this section will not have any special questions
SNAP Preparation for Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- The marking scheme for normal questions of this section has also been increased from 1 to 1.5, the verbal section will have 36 questions making a total of 54 marks for this section.
- This section too will not have any special questions.
SNAP Preparation for Quantitative - Data sufficiency and data interpretation (DI)
- In this section, the normal questions will have a weightage of 1 mark each.
- The section will have 5 special questions or non-MCQ questions which will be of 2 marks each.
- These questions are Type in type out (TITA) based questions that the student has to type.
- Quantitative- DI & DS section will have 35 normal questions and 5 special questions, total marks will be 45 marks.
Following are a few tips- How to crack SNAP:
1) Three-Way Strategy Approach:
- Practice intensive,
- concept-driven, and
- environmentally sensitive.
2) Revision of the basic mathematicsVedic maths and other shortcuts
- Revise your elementary mathematics for quantitative ability and data interpretation.
- After you’ve developed a certain level of comfort with numbers, practice with tables, squares, cubes, and decimal-fraction conversions.
3) Read multiple books and newspapers to improve vocabulary
- For verbal ability, the best way to develop a command over the language; for exam purposes as well as life.
- One of the best ways to increase your vocabulary is to refer to a dictionary and learn around 20-30 new words every day. Know more about how to enhance your vocabulary.
- Start with a small number and gradually get it to 20-30. This is the only time in your life when you can devote time to developing your vocabulary which becomes an integral part of your personal as well as professional life later.