Top MBA Scholarships offered by B-school:MBA education in India is expensive; especially when it comes to top MBA colleges in India such as IIMs, MDI Gurgaon, or IBS Hyderabad. Even folks who are financially well-off in India have to take the support of educational loans in order to join the MBA programs offered by top B-schools of the country. But does this mean that an MBA is only meant for aspirants who are rich or can afford to take education loans? The simple answer is NO! Despite the high fees, when it comes to MBA courses, India’s top B-schools have adopted a very inclusive admission process that gives equal chance and opportunity to MBA aspirants who face financial difficulties. India's top MBA institutes are offering talented MBA aspirants several scholarship opportunities to financially support them through their journey through the MBA world.
MBA Scholarships – Eligibility:These scholarships are generally awarded based on merit and the performance of MBA aspirants in MBA entrance examinations or their academic track record. Apart from these, there are some scholarships awarded to students for their impeccable performance, who have already joined the course. So, someone who's really talented and passionate about joining top MBA colleges in India, they can certainly take advantage of the MBA scholarships and plan their MBA in India. List of B-schools in India offering MBA Scholarships: So let's check out the various MBA scholarships offered by India's top MBA Colleges.
- Tuition Waivers: SDA Bocconi Asia Center is offering merit-based tuition waivers up to 80% for the IMB 2019-21 admitted candidates with an outstanding profile. The factors considered here are academic consistency, strong entrance test scores, extracurricular activities, and outstanding personal interview. The waivers are applied on the tuition fee after deduction of the scholarship (if applicable) only, thus not on the full Admission Fees.
- Dean’s Scholarship: This can be granted to admitted students, based on the Dean’s decision only. This MBA scholarship is awarded at the time of selection and disbursed to the students if they manage to be in the top 5% in the class at the end of the first 11-month module. Its amount is of INR 2 Lac inclusive of GST, will be adjusted against the payable tuition fee of the second module, and will not be disbursed directly to the student.
- Women’s Leadership Scholarship: It is created with the intention of supporting meritorious women candidates applying to the IMB program. The scholarship amount is INR 2 Lac inclusive of GST and is applied on the tuition fee before the Tuition Waivers. Recipients of the Scholarship are high-potential female candidates who meet our standard selection criteria and exhibit exemplary leadership skills in one or more ways: academic leadership, team leadership, community leadership, sports, and creative leadership.
- Sports and Cultural Art Scholarship: It can be granted to those students who have been at a consistently high level in any sport (preferably at the National level) and any cultural or Art form. The scholarship amount is INR 2 Lac inclusive of GST and is applied on the tuition fee before the Tuition Waivers. The decision of awarding this lies at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee and cannot be challenged. Students have to furnish supporting documents as proof along with their documents to be considered for this scholarship.
- Outstanding personal, academic and professional background and high motivation
- Compliance with all the admission requirements for participation in the IMB Program. There is no separate application required for the tuition waiver or scholarships. It is evaluated based on your IMB application itself.
|Aditya Birla Scholarship||Top 25% of the Class in a 1st year||Rs. 1,75,000|
|Yes Bank Future Ready Scholarship||As prescribed by Yes Bank||Rs. 2,00,000|
|O. P. Jindal Engineering & Management Scholarships (OPJEMS)||Top-10 2nd year students (based on the 1st year academic performance)||Rs. 1,50,000|
|Hindustan Unilever / T Thomas Scholarship||As directed by the company, and the top 25% of the Class in the 1st year||Rs. 1,00,000|
|Naveen Jain & Distinguished Alumni Award||Merit-cum-Need||Rs. 20,000|
|Kalyan Ganguly XEF Scholarship||Merit-cum-Need||Rs. 1,00,000|
|Alumni Scholarship||Merit-cum-Need||Rs. 1,50,000|
|XLRI Diamond Jubilee Scholarship||Merit-cum-Need||Up to Rs. 2.55 Lakh in 1st year, and Rs. 2.85 Lakh in the 2nd year of study|
|XLRI Diamond Jubilee [Seniors]||Merit-cum-Need||Rs. 2,85,000|
|Geeta Saxena Memorial||Stipulated criteria by the Donor||Rs. 20,000|
|Vasantha Sankaran Scholarship||Stipulated criteria by the Donor||Rs. 1,00,000|
|Joseph M Sciortino||For ST Students||Rs. 25,000|
|NTPC Scholarship||SC / ST / PWD students based on their academic performance in 1st year||Rs. 8,000 for 12 months|
|PMI Scholarship||Best student award in project management||Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 50,000|
- Merit Scholarship in the first semester of P.G. programme will be awarded to toppers of SNAP who join Symbiosis Institutes. The cut off for SNAP score (top score) for applying for the scholarship every year will be at 0.1% of the appeared number of candidates for the test.
- In the subsequent semesters, the scholarship would be based on academic excellence, a minimum GPA of 3 earned by the same student during the preceding semester.
- Only those students will be eligible for the award of Merit Scholarship who have cleared the courses prescribed for the respective programme up to the stage of award i.e. they should not have any backlog.
- The student who has been awarded merit scholarship by Symbiosis Society Foundation shall not be debarred from stipend or any financial assistance from any other source. However, if the student is awarded any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, he/she shall communicate the same to the Department of Student Affairs.
- There will be no income limit of the parents/guardians of the students for the grant of merit scholarship.
- In case a student is eligible for more than one scholarship/free ship by Symbiosis Society Foundation, he/she shall be awarded only one scholarship/freeship as per his/her preference.
|Eligibility||Scholarship Amount (Per Student)||No. Of Scholarships|
|90% and above Score in AMAT||Rs. 4,00,000||5|
|85% and above score in 10th and 12th Standard|
|85% and above score in AMAT||Rs. 1,00,000||10|
|85% and above score in AMAT||Rs. 50,000||20|
|Category||Eligibility||Regular Tuition Fees (Per Semester)||Scholarship Percentage||Scholarship Amount (Per Semester)|
|Merit-Based||A score of 99 percentile or better in CAT or a score of 725 and above in GMAT.||Rs. 3,37,500||100%||Rs. 3,37,500|
|a. A consistent scholastic record - minimum 90% marks in X, XII, and Graduation – with no repetitions at any stage. ANDb. A score of 85 percentile or better in CAT or a score of 600 and above in GMAT.||Rs. 3,37,500||25%||Rs. 84,375|
|a. Minimum of three years of full-time relevant work experience. ANDb. A consistent scholastic record – minimum 70% marks in X, XII, and Graduation – with no repetitions at any stage. ANDc. A score of 90 percentile or better in CAT or a score of 650 and above in GMAT.||Rs. 3,37,500||20%||Rs. 67,500|
|A score of 90 percentile or better in CAT or a score of 650 and above in GMAT.||Rs. 3,37,500||15%||Rs. 50,625|
|Sports Quota||a. National level player (Sports/Games). ANDb. A consistent scholastic record - minimum 60% marks in X, XII, and Graduation - with no repetitions at any stage.||Rs. 3,37,500||20%||Rs. 67,500|
|Differently Abled||a. Certified as differently-abled. ANDb. A consistent scholastic record - minimum 60% marks in X, XII, and Graduation.||Rs. 3,37,500||30%||Rs. 1,01,250|
|SC/ST||a. From SC/ST Community with a family income of less than Rupees four lakhs per annum. ANDb. A consistent scholastic record - minimum 50% marks in X, XII, and Graduation - with no repetitions at any stage. ANDc. A score of 70 percentile or better in CAT or a score of 550 and above in GMAT.||Rs. 3,37,500||25%||Rs. 84,375|
|Karnataka State Domicile||a. Domicile of the State of Karnataka. ANDb. A consistent scholastic record - minimum 60% marks in X, XII, and Graduation - with no repetitions at any stage. ANDc. A score of 70 percentile or better in CAT or a score of 550 and above in GMAT.|