The student city of Manipal, Karnataka plays host to the T.A. Pai Management Institute, fondly known as TAPMI. With academic rigour and experiential learning at its core, TAPMI’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management Programs are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) since its constitution.Established in 1980, TAPMI is one among the 5 institutes in India and 5% of the top business schools worldwide to have been accredited with the illustrious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation, the oldest and toughest accreditation in the world of business education.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- PGDM – Healthcare
- PGDM – BKFS
- PGDM – HR
Admission Process and Eligibility
Admission Process and Eligibility
A Graduate Degree with not less than 50% marks (final year students may also apply).TAPMI follows Profile-based shortlisting. Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid CAT/ XAT/ GMAT scores (whichever is higher), academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation, backlogs during graduation etc.), work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extra-curricular achievements if any and the MBA Intent Question/ Statement of Purpose. In case of people with less than 12 months experience, we consider all the above factors other than work experience.
Stage II: Admissions Process
The stage II of TAPMI Admissions process consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by a Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interview (PI).
- Written Ability Test (WAT): TAPMI conducts WAT to evaluate written capabilities of prospective students. WAT aims to evaluate Articulation and Technical (Grammar and Spellings) of the applicant.
- Group Discussions (GD): Group Discussions aims to evaluate ability of the applicant to interact within a group. GD aims at evaluating applicant’s skills in the area of Leadership, Problem Solving, Solution Orientation, Persuasion and Communication. Topics for GD will be based on current affairs/ issues debated in last five years.
- Personal Interview (PI): TAPMI’s objective for conducting personal interview is to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education. To ensure the same TAPMI will be conducting Behavioural Personal Interview. TAPMI will evaluate applicant’s ability in terms of Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Leadership and Communication.
Final selection of the candidate is based CAT/XAT/GMAT (Overall Percentile) + Verbal Ability Percentile + academic profile + work experience + WAT Score + GD Score + PI Score.
- Mr. Sharad Agarwal (Batch 1999-2001)
Rajeev Jain (Batch 1991-93)
CEO, Bajaj Finance Limited
Gurudas Pai (Batch 1991-93)
Director- Debt Capital Markets ,The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS,India)
Amit Chugh (Batch 1991-93)
Co-founder and CEO,Cosmos Ignite Innovations
SPEED :SPEED is the Annual Sports Extravaganza at TAPMI. Played in the format of the Olympics, the fest lasts for more than a month. Students form teams and battle it out in 12 different sports like Athletics, Swimming, Basketball, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Football, and Cricket. SPEED gives an opportunity to develop and enhance leadership skills, sportsmanship, teamwork, and more importantly grow as an individual in the process.
Atharva :The oldest committee in TAPMI with a legacy of 31 years, Atharva organizes TAPMI’s annual fest with over 1500 participants from across 50 B-schools. With “inFINity” in Finance, “Make Your Mark” in Marketing, “sHRishti” in HR, “Sankalp” in Business Planning, “Xpressions” – the cultural night and Run for a Cause Marathon, Atharva provides an exciting platform for students to interact with the corporate world personally.
QoTB :Quiz on The Beach (QoTB), India’s biggest on-campus quiz, is conducted by TAPMI on the beautiful beaches of Manipal. Besides bringing together the sharpest student minds from around the globe, it serves as an opportunity for them to interact, network and, more importantly, learn from their colleagues in other top Institutes. The latest edition of the quiz, QoTB™ 2016, saw over 600 teams from 3 countries fighting it out for fame, glory and the coveted QoTB™ Champions tag.
Finomenal :Finomenal, the annual finance conclave is hosted by The Finance Forum of TAPMI. It is a student-run initiative to bring together Economists, CXOs, Bankers, Regulators and Fund Managers to discuss recent trends, emerging issues, challenges and opportunities in the industry and the way ahead. TAPMI Bloomberg Olympiad is one the highlights of this event, and it aims to test the expertise of the students on Bloomberg Terminals.
- Batch Size: 445
- Fresher: 40%
- Work experience <2 years: 23%
- Work experience >2 years: 37%
Placements & Fee Structure:
- Average Package (INR): 10,06,000/-
- Fee (INR): 13,00,000/-
- Future Group
- Coffee Day Beverages
- Fair Trade
- Michael page
- Ernst & Young
- Axis Risk Consulting
- Axis Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan Chase
- Ford Motors
- General Motors
- TATA Motors
Infrastructure and facilities:
- Sports Complex
- WiFi Campus
- AC Classrooms
T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI)
P.B. No. 9, Manipal – 576 104, Karnataka, India
(Landmark: Manipal – Alevoor Road: TAPMI new campus)