Welingkar’s Diploma in Banking – Be the Banking personAnisha Mukhija
Welingkar’s (WeSchool) has been one of the well-known B-schools in Mumbai as well as Maharashtra. It is known for its many years of experience and expertise in carving out business professionals from its programs. Based on the phenomenal response that it has received over the years from working professionals for its industry-oriented pedagogy and flexible online exam, the college’s distance learning cell has decided to start with another innovative offering – Welingkar’s Diploma in Banking. It aims to aid students who aspire to make their careers in the Banking and Financial Services domain.
The highlights of the program, as mentioned on the college website are:
- The program focuses on developing general management skill as required in the industry.
- The program has been designed such that it can support the needs of a fresher and at the same time, can also help a working professional.
- The faculty members for the course include stalwarts from the industry as well as academia.
Why should you go for a Diploma in Banking? Here are the reasons why you should opt for a Diploma in Banking:
- With the Indian economy growing like never before, demand has been created for candidates with knowledge in the finance industry.
- Retail Banking has been growing YoY at a rapid rate of 30%, with top banks observing a growth of at least 70%.
- With reforms and drastic changes taking place, the banking sector is expected to provide employment for around 1.5 million professionals.
- There is a scarcity of truly knowledgeable professionals in the BFS industry today.
- To learn the arcane laws and regulations related to Banking from experienced teachers with real-life experience.
About the Course :
The diploma course duration is of six months, divided into two trimesters. Some of the subjects taught during the course are Banking Fundamentals, Retail Banking, Foreign Exchange Management, Trade Finance, etc. To be eligible for the course, you :
- Must have completed HSC (10+2)
- Must hold a three-year diploma from recognized institutes.
Features of the Program:
- Study Material: Study material is provided at the start of the program. Also, video lectures would be provided supplementary to the course material. An E-learning toolkit is provided for every subject.
- Gamified Workshops: Games are used as a means for personality development and also to improve the self-esteem of the learner, at the same time adding to the knowledge.
- Industrial Visits: Industrial Visits are planned to get a first-hand experience of work in real life scenarios. Students can choose to attend these visits by paying a nominal fee.
- Movie Learning Sessions: Who doesn’t love movies? The course organizes education through movies which helps in better retaining of knowledge.
- One-day workshops: The institute also holds various workshops for Presentation Skills, Business Simulation, Art of Influencing, etc.
With plenty of demand, career paths in the industry after doing a Diploma in Banking include:
- Financial Analyst
- Asset Management
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Banking
- Credit Risk Management
- Treasury, etc.
You can expect to be recruited generally at finance-oriented organizations. Some recruiters that visit the WeSchool campus are HSBC, JPMorgan, UBS, Citi Financial, Crisil, HSBC, etc.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page