What to Do a Day Prior to CET ?Anisha Mukhija
What to Do a Day Prior to CET ?
The importance of CET in a student’s life is overwhelming and at this time, it is natural for one to be anxious. However, do not let this anxiety lead to distress, but let it serve as a source of motivation to keep your performance high on the d-day. You need to be focused and confident.
Here is what you need to do a day prior to the CET:
- Stop studying. Just revise a few concepts and formulae, make mental maps of important strategies that you have used during test preparation. Do not study anything new.
- Ensure that you get a good night’s sleep on the eve of the test.
- Be positive and confident.
- Ensure that you read the test rules and regulations and are aware of what can be carried into the test venue.
- Do not forget to carry your Admit Card, photo id proof and stationery.
- Ensure that you reach the test venue ahead of time. Be there early, with plenty of time to relax and get used to your surroundings.
- At the venue, do not discuss anything with friends. Avoid questions about what you have studied and what you haven’t. Do not gossip about possible questions.
- Take a deep breath, meditate for some time and think that you are going to ace the CET.
- Keep a water bottle with you if the centre allows you to.
- Ensure that you find your place in advance and are mentally prepared to give your best.During the exams:
- Solve the test with 100% concentration and ensure that you read the questions and directions carefully.
- Do not pay attention to what others are doing in the room. Ignore comments about the test.
- Get into warrior mode: do not miss familiar questions, and ensure you do not waste time unnecessarily. Do not be complacent in your approach.
- Be positive: There are enough questions in the test that can be attempted correctly. That will definitely fetch you a call. Do not make silly mistakes due to over-confidence.
- Do not think negatively: What will happen if I don’t do well? Just manage time and try answering the questions accurately.
- Ensure that you have done justice to all the sections in the test. Make sure you have tackled all questions related to your strengths first.
- Do not resort to copying or any unfair means during the test.
Check out the CET analysis for Previous Years : CET Analysis