When should one start preparing for IIFT?akshay rathi
IIFT is one of the toughest exams and only a few students who score well in the examination are able to get admission in the campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. The IIFT 2019 is scheduled to be conducted in the first week of December 2018 to offer admission in MBA (IB) programs in 3 campuses. So you need to be precise and focus on your target. When should one start preparing for IIFT, before starting how to prepare let’s know the pattern of IIFT Exam.
Total Questions: 118
Maximum Marks: 100
Time Duration:120 minutes
Type of Questions: MCQs
Negative Marking: ⅓ of a mark for every wrong answer
|Section||Marks per Question||Number of Question||Total Marks|
Also, Read MBA exams you should not miss
Preparation for IIFT should be on the same boat as of CAT with an additional of the GK section for which you have to read the current affairs and some basic question of gk and some of the History related question should also be done. Apart from this, all the things are same as of CAT some of the section is below CAT Level.
Maximum of the aspirants do now not prepare completely for IIFT however take it as an extension of CAT. At the same time as that could be a perfectly high-quality method (one that helped me convert IIFT), One wishes to have an eye on the method component of it. especially crucial is the self -assurance in terms of trying the GK segment. numerous aspirants delay the GK prep until early November and although they undergo a whole lot of cloth inside the final 2-three weeks, it does not supply enough self- assurance throughout the test. The cutoff may be very low for GK (zero.82 ultimate year) and still, aspirants locate it difficult to crack.
To put together for GK, you need to go through the information on an every- day foundation, specifically enterprise related (launches, acquisitions, CEOs, controversies, instances, etc.). That much is greater than enough. Many students start reading information from October which does now not assist because the paper is nearly organized by means of then and maximum subjects that crop up at some point of this phase might be ongoing and so, cannot be framed as questions.
another essential component is consciousness on short calculations. whilst Vedic maths and other such gimmicky prepare not genuinely recommended, it enables you large time if you are relaxed with numbers and approximations (reducing numerators and denominators, chances, reciprocals, inverse variant techniques and so forth).
to start with, you need to apprehend in case you are focused on the proper take a look at or not. IIFT is fair of a combination of a pace primarily based test and an accuracy/content based totally check. initially, it’s miles a 2-hour test that consists of approximately 125 questions.
The matters that make an IIFT take a look at extraordinary from the others are:
1. Paper-based and so, getting an overview, solving or letting cross of questions is less complicated in comparison to a CBT
2. Marking answers take time and awareness so, you need to account for around 10 minutes to do this
3. Statistics interpretation is extraordinarily calculation based totally and has large tables
four.LR is barely beneath CAT degree
5. The verbal potential is round/slightly lower than that of CAT
6. Studying comprehension is tedious and the questions are of the multiple truth-finding kinds (question observed by 3-four statements and the answer alternatives are an aggregate of 2 or extra of these statements one in all which is right; efficaciously three-4 single authentic questions combined in one)
7. Quant is slightly better than CAT with the focal point on geometry, modern math, in comparison to simple arithmetic
8. GK is a separate phase and it’s miles focused on enterprise attention with a sprinkling of static and well-known GK questions
9. The reduce-offs even though the gift is pretty low and is greater of a formality compared to other entrance exams.
Preparation approach for IIFT
The paper may be cut up into three components: concept-pushed, exercise-in depth and surroundings-touchy.
- Quantitative potential & decided on regions of Verbal capability are concept-driven, because of this that the questions rely closely on center standards. for example, a query providing a time period like “cyclic quadrilateral” is, in reality, impossible to try unless the corresponding concept is known. it is therefore recommended which you prepare the important thing standards of mathematics, Algebra, and Geometry & current Math within the Quantitative ability sections in a thorough way.
- To address the Verbal ability segment, one has to recognition on enhancing one’s analyzing speed due to the fact the paper typically functions three-4 analyzing comprehensions. also, you ought to put together the fundamentals of grammar so that you can remedy sentence correction questions. The practice is required to remedy utilization-primarily based questions like an analogy, fill in the blanks and so on. a good vocabulary proves to be an asset while fixing special forms of vocabulary questions that function in the exam.
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning is practice-extensive, exercise-extensive, because of this that familiarity respect to similar questions is a key determinant here. it is really useful to exercise one-of-a-kind statistics Interpretation query types like pie charts, bar graphs, information tables, line charts & mixtures thereof, for the DI segment. For Logical Reasoning, you want to practice questions on arrangements, family timber, complicated records situations, etc for the LR section.
- Standard attention is a surroundings-touchy region and requires familiarity with both static and modern-day components of the surroundings. For static GK one ought to focus on subjects like history, geography, economics, political system and so on. For cutting-edge GK, you can talk to our GK junction phase and use our diverse modern-day affairs associated sections.