Why Mocks Are Important to Crack CATCATKing
Why to take a CAT Mock?
Whilst you have been in class tenth and twelfth, pretty genuinely you would’ve taken sufficient number of full period exams before your board exams. Further, at the same time as going for graduation you would’ve given enough quantity of time in taking practice test which are exactly on the pattern of the entrance examination.For an exam like CAT, which would define your career, probably in a way like no entrance exam can, taking full length CAT mocks should be done with utmost sincerity, Not only taking a CAT mock is important to develop speed, a CAT mock helps you develop a strategy for the real exam. This should be enough reason for you to begin taking CAT mocks write away!
How to make the most of a CAT Mock?
For an aspirant like you who’s toiling tough to higher his overall performance with each passing mock, it is critical to make sure that each CAT mock that has been tried enables you improve your rankings. so that you can benefit the most advantage from each mock and for it to emerge as a crucial tool for your mastering process there are sure practices that you have to observe after each CAT mock which you take. it’s far incredibly really useful to take the sectional assessments often along side Mock CATs. most college students take this advice significantly and focus on writing the Mocks & sectional tests regularly. a few college students visit the quantity of a taking a ridicule CAT each day. but, after the paper, many students test their rankings and pass on to the next paper – this defeats the cause of taking a take a look at. To understand how the Mock CATs need to be dealt with we need to first recognize the motive of Mock CATs. a mock CAT is similar to a thermometer – it tells you your present day situation and highlights the regions in which you need to take corrective action. simply as checking your temperature each couple of hours without taking corrective motion can be of no use, taking a ridicule CAT with out analysing the paper and identifying the corrective motion for the preferred output is a waste of time. After you have got taken the paper and checked your score, the real work begins. undergo all of the questions and solve them again.
1. Solve the question again and compare your solution with the one given in the solution booklet or the video analysis.
2. If you were unable to solve a question, go through the solution and ask yourself if you would like to attempt this type of question in future. If the answer is no, forget this question.
3. Check if there are any other shorter or faster methods to solve the question. With a one hour time restriction coming into picture, using the faster methods would pay rich dividends.
4. Check if the incorrect choices can be eliminated on the basis of logic.
5. Check if approximation or calculation short cuts get you to the answer faster.
6. Any question in which you have been able to identify an alternate method or a calculation short cut or a question has helped you understand a concept is an IMPORTANT question and needs to be REVISED every week.
DI & AR Question sets:
1. Attempt all data sets that you did not or could not attempt in the stipulated time.
2. Identify the questions that could have been solved with the help of choices and revise them every week.
3. Identify the questions in which calculation short cuts can be applied and revise them every week.
4. Identify the type of data sets that you should definitely attempt or not attempt in future.
5. Identify the data sets (or the individual questions) that you should revise every week.
1. Attempt the RC passages that you did not attempt in the stipulated time and then decide if the decision of not attempting these passages was correct or was it a miss.
2. Find the meaning of the words that you have come across for the first time.
3. The questions for which you marked incorrect answers, find out the reasons.
4. Identify the RC questions (e.g. Tone type) that you should revise every week.
Verbal Ability Questions:
1. In vocabulary & sentence completion question find out the meaning of all the words in the choices and revise the difficult ones every week.
2. Go through all the grammar questions again and mark for weekly revision the ones you got wrong.
3. Go through all the para jumble, para completion and critical reasoning questions to understand why each choice is correct or incorrect. Revise the difficult questions every week.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page