Best time to start IPMAT PreparationAnisha Mukhija
The Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) is a highly competitive exam that tests the aptitude, reasoning, and verbal ability of candidates. The exam is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission to their 5-year Integrated Program in Management (IPM). Preparing for the IPMAT exam requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and smart preparation strategy. One of the key factors that determine the success of the candidates is the timing of the preparation. In this article, we will discuss in detail the best time to start IPMAT preparation.
1. Start early: The first and foremost thing to consider when preparing for IPMAT is to start early. IPMAT is a highly competitive exam, and the level of competition is very high. Therefore, starting early will give you an edge over the other candidates. Ideally, you should start preparing for IPMAT after class 11. This will give you ample time to cover all the topics in the syllabus and practice as many mock tests as possible.
2. Syllabus: The syllabus for IPMAT includes topics from Mathematics, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning. The mathematics section is based on the class 11 and 12 syllabus. Therefore, if you start early, you will have enough time to master the fundamental concepts of mathematics. In the case of Verbal Ability, you need to have a good grasp of grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. It would help if you start reading a lot of books, newspapers, and magazines to improve your reading and comprehension skills. Logical Reasoning requires critical thinking, and it is important to practice as many problems as possible to hone your skills.
3. Time Management: Time management is a crucial aspect when it comes to preparing for IPMAT. A good study plan includes setting aside sufficient time to focus on each subject. The best way to manage your time is by breaking down your study plan into smaller tasks and working on them every day. Allow plenty of time before the exam to review what you have learned.
4. Coaching: Joining a coaching institute can be beneficial in preparing for IPMAT. Coaching institutes offer structured study material, mock tests, and personalized guidance from experienced mentors. However, enrolling in a coaching institute is not required in order to pass IPMAT. You may study for IPMAT on your own if you take the appropriate strategy and put in the necessary time and effort.
5. Mock Tests: Practice is key to success in IPMAT. You can gauge how well you have prepared and pinpoint areas for improvement by taking mock exams. It is essential to take mock tests regularly and analyse your performance to improve your weak areas. In addition, taking mock exams will help you get used to the exam format and boost your confidence on the big day.
In conclusion, the best time to start IPMAT preparation is as early as possible, ideally after 11. Starting early will give you ample time to cover all the topics in the syllabus and practice as many mock tests as possible. You need to have a good grasp of mathematics, verbal ability, and logical reasoning. Time management is crucial, and you need to allocate enough time for each subject. Joining a coaching institute can be beneficial, but it is not mandatory. Practice as many mock tests as possible to improve your performance and build confidence for the exam day.
Also read: https://catking.in/why-you-should-consider-taking-the-npat-exam/