CAT 2020 Registration:How to fill the application from?Anisha Mukhija
CAT 2020 Registration: How to fill the application form? Check Dates, Process, Documents, Fees
Registration for CAT 2020 started on August 3. Here we will guide you with step by step process of CAT registration 2020, documents to upload and costs.
CAT 2020 official notification came on August 3. The method of registration for CAT 2020 is online where the candidates will need to fill a web form and pay Rs 1900 as exam fee. Any candidate who has completed graduation with 50 per cent marks in aggregate can apply for CAT exam. Final year graduation candidates also are eligible to use.
CAT exam is the gateway to over 1200 MBA colleges in India. per annum, one among the 20 IIMs conducts the exam in over 156 cities. CAT 2019 was conducted by IIM Kozhikode. CAT 2020 will be conducted by IIM Indore. CAT 2020 registration process will end within the third week of September 2020. Given below is the table for CAT 2020 important dates and events
CAT Registration 2020: Important Dates
|CAT 2020 notification release||05-Aug-2020|
|CAT Registrations start||05-Aug-2020|
|CAT form correction||16-Sep-2020|
|CAT mock test release||28-Oct-2020|
|Admit card release||28-Oct-2020|
|CAT 2020 exam||29-Nov-2020|
|Answer key release||First Week of December 2020|
|Result declaration||The first week of January 2021|
CAT Registration Process 2020
CAT registration process 2020 will include three steps:
• Online registration
• Filling from CAT 2020 form
• Payment of fees
CAT 2020 Registration:
To register for the CAT exam, the candidates need to follow the steps given below.
• Open the CAT 2020 website in a new window
• Click on New Candidate Registration
• Enter your name, date of birth, email ID, telephone number and nationality
• Click to will be to be sent in your inbox
• Verify your account by entering the OTP within the given field
• Upon verification, the candidate will receive their user ID and password
Filling from CAT 2020 application form:
To fill the web form of CAT 2020, follow the steps given below.
• Log on to the official CAT 2020 website using the user ID and password
• Fill in the relevant details in the six sections of the CAT form: personal details, academics, work experience, programmes, test city and payment
• Upload scanned copies of passport-sized photo and signature within the prescribed format and size
• Review the CAT form and click on move to the payment page
Documents to Upload During CAT Registration 2020
|Scanned Passport Size Photograph||
CAT fee payment:
Candidates pay CAT fees online through debit card/credit card and net banking. The candidates are advised to download the fee acknowledgement slip for future reference.
CAT 2019 Registration/Application Fee
Given below is that the CAT application fee for college kids belonging to the General and Reserved categories:
|Category||CAT Application Fee|
|General and NC-OBC||Rs 1900|
|SC, ST and PwD||Rs 950|
How to Select CAT Test Cities in Application Form?
For allotment of CAT test centre, the candidates are given the choice to pick the town of their choice in the registration form. The candidates can select up to four cities where they are comfortable to appear for the exam. The examination authority will allot the test centre within the city of the candidate’s preference.
CAT Test Centres: Key Points
• CAT 2020 will be conducted in 156 cities across India. Candidates need to select four cities so as of preference from one to four.
• CAT test city and centre are going to be allotted basis availability of seats and therefore the right to allot or cancel a test centres remains with the exam conducting body.
• Cities once selected can’t be changed. The candidates will need to make arrangement for a stay within the test city on their own.
• The CAT exam centre will be mentioned on the CAT admit card only.
CAT Form Correction
The examination authorities will provide candidates with an opportunity to edit their CAT application forms after the method is over. The window to edit application will be open for a limited period of time, during which candidates can edit a couple of fields in their form like percentage of marks scored, work experience and programmes selected and upload a replacement photo.
How to edit CAT form
Once the CAT form correction window is opened, the candidates can make changes in their applicaton by following the steps below:
• Open the official CAT website
• Log on to your account.
• Find the ‘application form’ tab.
• Follow instructions to edit the shape
• Review the shape and click on submit.
List of cities for CAT exam centres is given below.