MBA CET StrategyAnisha Mukhija
How to prepare for MAH CET: MBA CET 2021 Strategy
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure”. MAH CET is managed by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, for admission to MBA/MMS programs at around 200 colleges and universities across the state. The test is carried out on two days per year in the month of March. MAH CET 2021 is scheduled to take place in the second week of March. In this article, you will learn about the MBA CET 2021 Strategy of CET toppers to crack MBA CET in 6 months.
Join Our MBA CET Online Courses
MAH CET is considered to be one of the best MBA entrance exams in India as the score is recognized by some of the top-level dream B-schools, such as Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies(JBIMS), Mumbai, Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai, University of Pune, Pune, Rizvi Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai and Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, etc
MBA CET Strategy and Preparation Plan
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus of each section thoroughly.
- Understand your strength and weaknesses.
- Start Revising regularly all topics and divide and plan your time for mocks and revision.
- Start giving mocks and work on your strengths.
- Analyze your mocks and work on improving your mock test scores.
- Finalize your strategy and work on revising your Formula Books.
- Give your best on D-day and always be confident.
MAH CET Exam Pattern
MAH CET exam pattern is similar to other MBA entrance exams.MAH-CET is conducted online over a period of 2.5 hours (150 minutes). The medium of the exam is English, and the paper has a total of 200 multiple-choice questions. There is no sectional time limit in MAH CET. One mark is awarded for each correct answer and no mark is deducted for the wrong answer. Here are some key highlights of the MBA MAH CET exam pattern.
|MAH CET Exam Pattern||Key Details|
|Number of sections||Logical Reasoning (75 questions)
Abstract Reasoning (25 questions)
Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions)
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (50 questions)
|Total number of questions||200|
|Marking scheme||One mark (+1) for each correct question
Zero mark (0) for wrong answer
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Number of answer choices||Five|
|Exam duration||150 minutes|
Also Read: MAH CET Preparation
MBA CET Exam Syllabus
MAH CET Exam syllabus, as recommended by Maharashtra CET, includes topics such as Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension.
|MAH CET Sections||Important Topics|
|Logical Reasoning & Abstract Reasoning||Linear & Circular Arrangement, Series Completion, Coding, Symbol-based Comparison, Venn Diagram, Blood Relations|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Algebra, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage,Data Comparison,Data Sufficiency Mensuration, Time & Work, Probability|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Grammar, Sentence Completion,Sentence correction Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary|
Month wise MAH CET 2021 Preparation Plan
Six months is enough to prepare for MAH CET if you give it 100% of your time to prepare for the test. The 7-8 hour regular study schedule is the first step towards the preparation of MAH CET. The schedule should include clearly defined theme-wise activities during those 7-8 hours. Divide the six-month plan into phases and set goals, such as how many months to complete the MAH CET syllabus and how many months to run mock exams, etc. Get in detailed MBA MAH CET Preparation plan 2021
MAH CET Strategy 2021: Cover the Syllabus from October to December
- Initiate the preparation of MAH CET in October. Get hold of the books and research materials. Go through the test pattern to grasp the essence of the MAH CET question paper.
- First, go through the MAH CET syllabus to see the topics you’re familiar with and unfamiliar with. Chances are you’d have learned most of the subjects of Quantitative Aptitude and English Grammar in school.
- Create a list of the topics that are your strengths and weaknesses. Make a time-table to research one subject in each of the four sections of MAH CET. Start with the topics in which you are uncomfortable.
- After completing a subject, solve a few questions about it to know how well you’ve learned it. If possible, study the same subject the next day. Why solve a question after completing a topic? It is important to know whether you have understood how to apply the theory or principle to a topic of mathematics or logic that you have read.
- Start reading books, novels, newspapers, and blogs in English from the outset, as there is no other way to deal with Reading Comprehension. Read every day for two hours. The more you read, the better you get the English comprehension and speed-reading skills that are important for speed-based testing. Keep a dictionary on your hand to verify the meaning of any foreign word or phrase you hear while reading.
- You can also join online coaching for guidance and material for preparation.
You can check our MBA CET Online courses
MAH CET Strategy 2021: Practice Mock Test in January and February
The training of MAH CET is incomplete without a mock exam. You need to practice mock tests or previous years’ MAH CET question papers to know how well you are prepared for the exam. Solving MAH CET mock test series will help you find your weak areas, while previous years’ question papers will provide the practice of the actual test. Below are some key tips on the MBA CET mock tests.
- Practice around 25-30 MAH CET mock tests in January and February. This will ready you for a 150-minute marathon test without a bio-break.
- Try full-length as well as sectional mock-tests to practice time-bound results. There is no sectional time limit for MAH CET, so candidates must be very careful not to waste too much time on one section at the expense of another.
- After trying every mock, evaluate your results. Check the time taken to answer a question equally and the accuracy obtained in – question. This will give you an insight into which form of a query and which topics are your area of power. In the key test, you can capitalize on these strong areas.
- The poor areas that you can discover through the practice of sample papers will encourage you to adjust the strategy of planning well in time. Go back to the topics and research them again.
- To improve accuracy, practice the MAH CET sectional mock tests. There is no sectional time limit in MAH CET, so it is imperative that you learn the ability to handle time on your own.
Also read: How to Crack CET
MBA CET Strategy 2021: Start Thorough Revision in March
In the last few days, about a week, devote time to revision and some more practice of mock exams. This is important because there is a wide variety of formulas and theorems that you need to recall in order to answer your QA questions. If you can’t remember the formula correctly, you can’t answer the question.
Devote one to two hours a day to a comprehensive revision of all the formulas, theorems, principles, meanings, shortcut tricks, etc. that you will need in the exam. Try a 2-4 full-length MAH CET Mock Test to keep the flow going. The time management skills that you might have built before will now be checked. Practice how best to use the 150 minutes.
Lastly on D-Day be confident about what you have studied and attempted the paper. Don’t panic and have an 8-hour sleep before an exam.
All the Best:!!!:)