SNAP exam- Everything you need to knowRahul Singh
What is SNAP Exam ?
SNAP or the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is the MBA entrance exam that the Symbiosis International University conducts for the admission in MBA programs of the 15 B-schools under the university. The overall level of difficulty of the exam is moderate to high but you can easily ace it by investing some time. Let’s see more about SNAP exam , eligibility,exam pattern, syllabus , important dates and much more.
Choice of exam should be based on:
- Your goal
- Type of career that you want
- The specialization which you want to choose
- The college you want to get into
- If you have all this figured out then its time to decide the exam you want to give.
Eligibility criteria for SNAP 2020
- Final year students are eligible to apply for SNAP, however, their admission will remain provisional until submission of the passing certificate.
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent for SC/ST/PWD candidates) or equivalent from recognized university or institute
- International students or those who have graduated from an international university will be required to obtain a certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
SNAP 2020-Important exam dates
- Application/registration -Second week of August to the third week of November
- SNAP Mock test -Second week of October to the first week of November
- Admit Cards -First week of December
- SNAP exam -Second Sunday of December
- Answer key -Third week of December
- SNAP results -Second week of January
SNAP 2020 :Exam paper pattern
2.Analytical & Logical reasoning 3.Quantitative- Data Sufficiency and data interpretation
|No. of questions||110|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes, i.e 2 hours|
|Mode of examination||Online|
Read more: Top colleges through SNAP
Now, let’s look at the Section-wise paper pattern
SNAP 2020 :Exam Syllabus
Section 1: General English
- Reading Comprehension
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
- Critical Reasoning
- Proverbs & Idioms
- Para Jumbles
Section 2: Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Direction-Based Questions
- Seating Arrangements
- Miscellaneous Problems
Section 3: Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Time & Work
- Mixture & Allegations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number System
- Coordinate Geometry
- Permutation & Combination
- Binomial Expression
- Set Theory
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Compound Graph
SNAP 2020: Section-wise marks distribution
- The marking scheme for normal questions of this section has been increased from 1 to 1.5 therefore the verbal section will have 34 questions making a total of 51 marks for this section (no special questions).
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- The marking scheme for normal questions of this section has also been increased from 1 to 1.5 so the verbal section will have 36 questions making a total of 54 marks for this section (no special questions).
Quantitative – Data sufficiency and data interpretation (DI)
- This section will have normal questions of 1 mark each and 5 special questions (non-MCQ questions) which will be of 2 marks each.
- These questions are Type in type out (TITA) based questions that the student has to type.
- Quantitative- DI & DS section will have 35 normal questions and 5 special questions and total marks will be 45 marks.
SNAP 2020 : Step-wise Registration Process
Step 1: Register on the website as a new user & fill your personal details.
Step 2: Payment of Rs. 1750 which is either online or through Demand Draft (DD)
Step 3: Register for MBA programs for preferred Symbiosis Institutes
Step 4: Make a payment of the application and registration fee.
SNAP 2020 exam: Allocation of points considered while selection
|SNAP exam score||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||30|
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||10|
Important details & Changes in SNAP 2020:
- There is no sectional cut-off for the SNAP exam and the student can choose the sequence of sections as per their preference.
- Major changes have been made to the SNAP 2020 exam and one of them being deleting General awareness out of the syllabus.
- Other changes include the number of special questions but only the quantitative section will have 5 special questions i.e, non-MCQ questions.
- The total number of questions has reduced from 130 to 110.
- The section-wise distribution of marks changes because of the change in the marking scheme which is explained in detail below.
Few things that you need to know about SNAP exam
- The fact that it offers access to a portion of the best universities in the nation makes it exorbitant because of the need to apply to every school independently.
- SNAP Exam is a modestly troublesome exam and when contrasted with feline the inquiries are substantially less demanding. The real prerequisite for changing over a SNAP Exam is speed so you should be extremely quick to settle the inquiries in a SNAP Exam.
- There is likewise one or more point that the number of uses for SNAP are relatively not as much as the quantity of utilization for CAT exam which decreases the opposition naturally.
15 Symbiosis universities
- Advantageous interaction National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is an imperative National Level MBA Entrance test and MBA affirmation in 15 Symbiosis MBA universities tolerating SNAP score.
- It is the compulsory exam to apply for the MBA programs offered by the establishments of Symbiosis International University and is considered as one of the significant placement tests after CAT and XAT.
Top colleges accepting SNAP score with expected cut-offs
|(SIBM) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||98.5|
|(SCMHRD) Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune||96|
|(SIIB) Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune||93|
|(SIBM) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore||90|
|(SIOM) Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik||87|
|(SITM) Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, Pune||83|
|(SIMC) Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune||73|
|(SIHS) Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune||58|
|(SSBF) Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune||60|
|(SIBM) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad||58|
|(SSSS) Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Pune||55|
|(SSMC) Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bangalore||75|
|(SCIT) Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune||76|
|(SIMS) Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune||77|
|(SICSR) Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research, Pune||82|
Other than Symbiosis universities
- NIA Business School – Noida
- Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade (BIFT), Hyderabad
- Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management (BITM), Pune
- Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence – MILE, Pune
- MIT COM, Pune
- Lotus Business School, Pune
- Indian Institute of Management Training (IIMT), Pune
- Suryadatta Institute of Management & Mass Communication, Pune
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Bhopal (LNCT-B), Bhopal.
Best colleges from the list above
Top colleges through SNAP
SCMHRD’s MBA program is a standout amongst the most esteemed programs in India. SCMHRD represents considerable authority in delivering quality ability in the fields of HR, Marketing, and Business Analytics.
- Master Of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA Executive
A portion of the best MBA schools in India like Symbiosis Institute of Management (SIBM), Pune; SIIB Pune; SCMHRD Pune, SIBM Bangalore among others that acknowledge just SNAP Test scores for MBA affirmation.
|1.MBA||2.MBA Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|3.MBA Marketing||4.MBA Human resources|
|5.MBA Information Technology||6.MBA Infrastructure development and Management|
|7.MBA Business Analytics||8.MBA International business|
|9.MBA Agri-business||10.MBA Energy and Environment|
|11.MBA Telecom management||12.MBA in Communication management|
|13.MBA in Operations Management||14.MBA Information Technology Business Management|
|15.MBA Data Science and Data Analytics||16.MBA Hospital & Healthcare Management|
|17.MBA Banking and Finance||18.MBA Sports Sciences|
Thank you for reading this article and I hope it helps you in your preparation.