What is SNAP Exam?
SNAP or the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is the MBA entrance exam that the Symbiosis International University conducts for the admission in MBA programs of the 15 B-schools under the university. The overall level of difficulty of the exam is moderate to high but you can easily ace it by investing some time. Let’s see more about SNAP exam , eligibility,exam pattern, syllabus , important dates and much more.
Choice of exam should be based on:
- Your goal
- Type of career that you want
- The specialization which you want to choose
- The college you want to get into
- If you have all this figured out then its time to decide the exam you want to give.
Eligibility criteria for SNAP 2021
- Final year students are eligible to apply for SNAP, however, their admission will remain provisional until submission of the passing certificate.
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent for SC/ST/PWD candidates) or equivalent from recognized university or institute
- International students or those who have graduated from an international university will be required to obtain a certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
SNAP 2021-Important exam dates
SNAP Notification 2021 ReleaseAugust 30, 2021SNAP Registration start dateAugust 31, 2021Last date to ApplyNovember 27, 2021 for all the three SNAP examsSNAP 2021 Exam Registration FeeRs.1950/-Last date to Pay Exam FeeNovember 27, 2021Symbiosis Institute Programme Registration FeeRs.1000/- per programme, per instituteAdmit Card download StartsDecember 4, 2021 (on snaptest.org)Last date for Admit Card downloadDecember 19, 2021SNAP 2021 Exam Duration and Testing Time1 hour:From 2PM to 3PM on Dec 19From 10AM to 11 AM on Jan 8 & 16, 2022SNAP Exam Date 2021SNAP-1: December 19, 2021 (Sunday)SNAP-2: January 8, 2022 (Saturday)SNAP-3: January 16, 2022 (Sunday)Result dateFebruary 1, 2022
SNAP 2021 :Exam paper pattern
2.Analytical & Logical reasoning 3.Quantitative- Data Sufficiency and data interpretation
|No. of questions||60|
|Duration of exam||60 minutes, i.e 1 hour|
|Mode of examination||Online|
Read more: Top colleges through SNAP
Now, let’s look at the Section-wise paper pattern
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||1||15|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||1||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||1||20|
SNAP 2021 :Exam Syllabus
Section 1: General English
- Reading Comprehension
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
- Critical Reasoning
- Proverbs & Idioms
- Para Jumbles
Section 2: Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Direction-Based Questions
- Seating Arrangements
- Miscellaneous Problems
Section 3: Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Time & Work
- Mixture & Allegations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number System
- Coordinate Geometry
- Permutation & Combination
- Binomial Expression
- Set Theory
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Compound Graph
SNAP 2021: Section-wise marks distribution
- The marking scheme for normal questions of this section has been kept constant this year. Therefore the verbal section will have 15 questions making a total of 15 marks for this section (1 mark for 1 correct answer- no special questions).
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- The marking scheme for normal questions of this section has also been increased from 1 to 1.5 so the verbal section will have 25 questions making a total of 25 marks for this section (no special questions).
Quantitative – Data sufficiency and data interpretation (DI)
- Quantitative- DI & DS section will have 20 questions and total marks will be 20 marks.
SNAP 2021 : Step-wise Registration Process
Step 1: Register on the website as a new user & fill your personal details.
Step 2: Payment of Rs. 1950 which is either online or through Demand Draft (DD)
Step 3: Register for MBA programs for preferred Symbiosis Institutes
Step 4: Make a payment of the application and registration fee.
Important details & Changes in SNAP 2021:
- There is no sectional cut-off for the SNAP exam and the student can choose the sequence of sections as per their preference.
- Major changes have been made to the SNAP 2021 exam and one of them being deleting General awareness out of the syllabus (as of 2020).
- Other changes include the number of special questions but only the quantitative section will have 5 special questions i.e, non-MCQ questions.
- The total number of questions has been kept same i.e 60 questions.
- The section-wise distribution of marks changes because of the change in the marking scheme which is explained in detail below.
Few things that you need to know about SNAP exam
- The fact that it offers access to a portion of the best universities in the nation makes it exorbitant because of the need to apply to every school independently.
- SNAP Exam has become one of the most modest exams in the past few years. The real prerequisite for cracking the SNAP Exam is speed so you should be extremely quick to solve the questions in a SNAP Exam.
- There is likewise one or more points that the number of uses for SNAP are relatively not as much as the quantity of utilization for CAT exam which decreases the opposition naturally.
15 Symbiosis universities
- Advantageous interaction National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is an imperative National Level MBA Entrance test and MBA affirmation in 15 Symbiosis MBA universities tolerating SNAP score.
- It is the compulsory exam to apply for the MBA programs offered by the establishments of Symbiosis International University and is considered as one of the significant placement tests after CAT and XAT.
Top colleges accepting SNAP score with expected cut-offs
|(SIBM) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||98.5|
|(SCMHRD) Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune||96|
|(SIIB) Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune||93|
|(SIBM) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore||90|
|(SIOM) Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik||87|
|(SITM) Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, Pune||83|
|(SIMC) Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune||73|
|(SIHS) Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune||58|
|(SSBF) Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune||60|
|(SIBM) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad||58|
|(SSSS) Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Pune||55|
|(SSMC) Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bangalore||75|
|(SCIT) Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune||76|
|(SIMS) Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune||77|
|(SICSR) Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research, Pune||82|
Other than Symbiosis universities
- NIA Business School – Noida
- Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade (BIFT), Hyderabad
- Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management (BITM), Pune
- Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence – MILE, Pune
- MIT COM, Pune
- Lotus Business School, Pune
- Indian Institute of Management Training (IIMT), Pune
- Suryadatta Institute of Management & Mass Communication, Pune
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Bhopal (LNCT-B), Bhopal.
Best colleges from the list above
Top colleges through SNAP
SCMHRD’s MBA program is a standout amongst the most esteemed programs in India. SCMHRD represents considerable authority in delivering quality ability in the fields of HR, Marketing, and Business Analytics.
- Master Of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA Executive
A portion of the best MBA schools in India like Symbiosis Institute of Management (SIBM), Pune; SIIB Pune; SCMHRD Pune, SIBM Bangalore among others that acknowledge just SNAP Test scores for MBA affirmation.
|1.MBA||2.MBA Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|3.MBA Marketing||4.MBA Human resources|
|5.MBA Information Technology||6.MBA Infrastructure development and Management|
|7.MBA Business Analytics||8.MBA International business|
|9.MBA Agri-business||10.MBA Energy and Environment|
|11.MBA Telecom management||12.MBA in Communication management|
|13.MBA in Operations Management||14.MBA Information Technology Business Management|
|15.MBA Data Science and Data Analytics||16.MBA Hospital & Healthcare Management|
|17.MBA Banking and Finance||18.MBA Sports Sciences|
Thank you for reading this article and I hope it helps you in your preparation.