Top colleges in Hyderabad for UGAnisha Mukhija
Top colleges in Hyderabad for UG
Hyderabad has a long tradition in education dating back to the rule of the British in India. Today’s Hyderabad is the home of leading IT firms and other companies where students can get employment immediately after the end of education. This is the chief reason why the number of applications in Hyderabad institutes increases every year. Hyderabad hosts a large number of prestigious schools and higher education institutes. If you plan to pursue education in Hyderabad, here’s a look at some institutes in the city which attract the largest number of admission forms from both national and foreign students.
Top colleges in Hyderabad for UG- B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce):
1. St. Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad
St. Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad was established in 1983 by Sisters, Society of St. Ann. It was built as an institution oriented towards the cause of need-based education towards society growth. Since its inception, the college has a good academic record.
- It is affiliated with Osmania University
- It is also re-accredited with an “A” grade by NAAC
- It is also recognized as “College with Potential for Excellence” by UGC
- College offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, and diploma courses
- The college has a current strength of 3000 students and 100 well-qualified staff members in 28 different departments
2. Osmania University College for Women
The Osmania University College for Women is a prominent educational institution in Hyderabad and started with only seven students admitted into the Intermediate Arts Course in 1924 in the premises of what was then the Nampally Girls School located in the “Golden Threshold”, former home of Smt.Sarojini Naidu. In 1932, the Intermediate Science Course was started and in 1935, Degree courses in Arts and Social Sciences were added. The College owes its present home to which it moved in 1949, to Nawab Ali Yaver Jung, the former Vice-Chancellor of the Osmania University.
3. Woxsen University, Hyderabad
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) is a professional degree awarded by Woxsen University covering the entire spectrum of commerce specializations. This program is designed to provide students with a multi-disciplinary perspective towards trade, commerce, accounting & finance. Every element of the curriculum is carefully curated with inputs from industry professionals. Real-time projects and assignments that have immense applications in real-world industry scenarios, help you fast-track your career effortlessly. Woxsen University has achieved the status of the best university for commerce in India in a very short period of time. If you are looking for a Top Ranked College for Commerce/ BCom in India then Woxsen University is the right destination for you
4. Badruka College of Commerce and Arts (BCCA), Hyderabad
Badruka College of Commerce and Arts (BCCA), Hyderabad is a private college, established in 1950. It is affiliated with Osmania University and approved by AICTE. The college operates in two shifts, i.e. morning and afternoon shift, and offer courses such as B.Com and BBA at the UG level and M.Com at the PG level. The admission process is either merit or entrance-based. BCCA Hyderabad also has an active placement cell that provides the students with employment opportunities in Goldman Sachs, E&Y, Deloitte, Cognizant, etc.
Top colleges in Hyderabad for UG- B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology):
1. IIT HyderabadIIT Hyderabad is one of the 2nd generation of IITs, started by the Government of India. Ranked 987 for Overall by US News 2021, the institute has Technology Incubator and Research Park where students are taught concepts such as Ideation, Prototype, and Commercialization. IIT Hyderabad placement records are increasing every year. During the academic year 2020-21 placement drive, a total of 222 students got the placement by domestic and international companies out of which 30 offers were made by 63 international companies. The highest CTC offered in the year 2020 was INR 60.41 LPA, while the average CTC was INR 22.07 LPA.
5. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH)Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) is a well-known University with 291 affiliated colleges in the state of Telangana. The university offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Integrated, and Doctoral programs in various streams like Engineering, Technology, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Science. The placement rate of the JNTUH is 93% with a minimum salary package of 3.36 LPA and a maximum salary package of up to 36 LPA. Sometimes, students also get dual or triple placement offers at the time of recruitment where they are free to choose among all the offers and select one that best suits them.
Top colleges in Hyderabad for UG- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration):
1. ICFAI Business School (IBS) Hyderabad
ICFAI Business School (IBS) Hyderabad was established in 1985, is a constituent of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), a deemed University as per the UGC Act 1956. Ranked 25 for MBA by NIRF 2020, 8 for Private MBA by Outlook 2020, and 25 for BBA by India Today 2020, IBS Hyderabad is considered among the top business schools in India. It is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)-the USA, accredited to NAAC with ‘A’ grade, has been re-accredited by SAQS (South Asian Quality Standards), is rated A** by CRISIL (national-level), and has received EB2 IN by ICRA. Known for its flagship MBA program, IBS Hyderabad also offers BBA, BA, E-MBA, and Ph.D. programs in the field of Management.
2. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Hyderabad
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Hyderabadis ranked 8th amongst the Top Business Schools in India by Business World and ranked 10th amongst the top 100 Management Schools in India by Outlook. NMIMS Hyderabad has witnessed a 20% increase in the average CTC offered and a 14.2% increase in the median CTC. NMIMS Hyderabad offers the degree and integrated degree program in the discipline of Business Management, Commerce, Pharmacy, Law, etc. The application form for admission to NMIMS Hyderabad can be filled online.
3. Woxsen School of Business – WSB
With the paradigm shift that globalization, modernization, and unprecedented technological advances have brought in the way we work, new jobs are replacing the conventional ones. BBA is a professional degree awarded by Woxsen University covering the entire spectrum of new-age specializations, to best suit the accelerating changes in today’s business world. To tally with the 21st-century skills disrupting the present-day job market, the need-of-the-hour specializations offered at Woxsen make our graduates bullish in industry relevance, competitiveness, and job readiness.
4. St. Joseph’s Degree and PG College
St. Joseph’s Degree and PG College was established in 1997 in Hyderabad. It is a Christian Minority institute, run by the Hyderabad Archdiocese Educational Society. St. Joseph is affiliated with Osmania University. The institute offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, Certificate, and Bridge Courses. All the courses are offered under the departments of English, Physics & Electronics, Commerce, Second Language, Commerce, Mass Communication, Mathematics & Statistics, Computer Science & Business Management.