How to Get Admission in JBIMS?
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of management studies (JBIMS) is a public institute that is highly recommended for business and management studies. It comes under the department of the University of Mumbai. It was established in the year 1965 and is one of the oldest business schools in India. JBIMS is consistently listed as a top business school across the countries in the Asia-Pacific region. It was named after Jamnalal Bajaj, who was a leading industrialist and philanthropist. JBIMS has been ranked 24th by The Outlook MBA Ranking. In this article, you learn how to get admission in JBIMS?
The institution provides a full-time Masters in management studies program and a Masters in Finance (MSc Finance) program. The course duration is two years for both the programs. It also allows students to enroll for a part-time MBA with specialization in Finance, Marketing, Information management, and Human resource development. Apart from this it also provides some Ph.D. programs as well as some part-time courses.
Kickstart your dream journey to JBIMS. Start your Online MBA-CET online course
Courses Offered By JBIMS
- MMM(Master in marketing management)
- MFM(Masters in Financial management)
- MHRDM(Masters in Human Resource Development Management)
- MIM ( Masters in Management)
- Graduation from UGC recognized university
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an Executive or Supervisory capacity as on June 2020
Selection to MMS program is done on the basis of following parameters:
- CAT exam/ MBA-CET/ CMAT/ GMAT entrance exam score (60 per cent weightage),
- Class 10, 12 and Graduation marks (15 percent weightage)
- Extra-curricular/ work experience (20 percent weightage)
- Diversity (5 percent weightage)
- Passed Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized university (45% aggregate for reserved categories and PwD candidates of Maharashtra state)
Cut-Offs of Different exams for JBIMS
Cut-off by percentile
|Economically Weaker Section||99.99%ile|
JBIMS Admission Process
Candidates seeking admission in JBIMS Mumbai should visit the official website and apply online. The college offers both part-time and full-time MBA courses as well as Ph.D. courses to the students. Here are some important exams and points regarding the admission :
- Admission to MMS programs is based on the MBA CET exam score.
- The academic session for the above-mentioned programs begins in August.
- Candidates having CAT/CMAT score can also apply for the same courses provided, they should fulfill the minimum cut-off set by the college.
- Based on the exam scores, the candidates are called for the personal assessment test,
- GMAT score is also accepted for admission in all courses in case the candidate is a foreign national such as Non-Resident Indian (NRI) or Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
- For full-time programs, candidates should have graduation degree from a recognized university with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General category and 45 percent aggregate for reserved classes
- For part-time programs, a minimum of two years of work experience is necessary.
Application Process 2020
Candidates should follow the below steps to apply for the programs offered at JBIMS Mumbai:
Step I: Visit the official website, viz. www.jbims.edu
Step II: Click on the ‘Admissions & Aid’ and register yourself
Step III: Pay the application fee of Rs 1200 through NEFT/ RTGS/ IMPS, the details of the account is stated below:
Account Name: Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
Bank: Bank of Baroda
Branch: Backbay Reclamation Churchgate Mumbai
Account Type: Saving
Account Number: 03820100000865
Bank IFSC Code: BARB0BACKBA (0 to be read as Zero)
Bank MCIR Code: 400012056
Step IV: Once the fee is paid to fill the application form with the correct details such as course interested, name, parent’s name, contact no., address and academic details
Step V: Submit the application form along with the following documents
- Mark sheets of Graduation and Post-Graduation (original and photocopy)
- Scorecard of qualifying exam- CAT/ MH-CET/ CMAT
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
JBIMS Mumbai Placements Highlights 2020
For the year 2019, JBIMS has witnessed significant growth in the average and highest package offered. The average salary has gone up by six percent to Rs 20.13 LPA in 2019 from Rs 18.91 LPA (2018), and the highest package has also increased by eight percent to Rs 32.3 LPA in 2019 from Rs 30 LPA last year respectively.
The number of Pre Placement Offers (PPO) offers has also improved to 67 in 2019 from 63 in 2018. Some of the top participating companies were Accenture, BCG, Airtel, Mahindra, McKinsey, Bajaj, Essar, Godrej, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JPMorgan Chase, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Hindustan Unilever, Raymond, TATA, Vedanta, and Wipro among many others.
Candidates can still make a rational decision by taking a glimpse of the highlights of 2019 placement data as listed below:
- The highest salary stood at Rs 32.30 LPA, an increase of eight percent compared to the previous year (2018)
- The median salary stood at Rs 20.00 LPA, an upsurge of nearly 18 percent compared to the previous year (2018)
- The average salary for the top 10 percent stood at Rs 28.96 LPA, an increase of 14.1 percent compared to the previous year (2018)
- For the top 30 percent, average salary stood at Rs 26.40 LPA, an increase of 21.7 percent compared to the previous year (2018)
- 20 new recruiters participated in the Final Placements process at JBIMS Mumbai
- Top on-campus recruiters included J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., McKinsey & Company, Hindustan Unilever, the Boston Consulting Group, Goldman Sachs, ICICI Bank, Godrej Consumer Products, Mahindra Group, TATA Group, and Reliance Industries Limited amongst others.
Top Companies Recruiting:
- From Banking and Finance Sector India
- Aditya Birla Capital Ltd
- IDFC Bank
- Kotak Life Insurance
- Motilal Oswal
- SBI Card
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- J. P. Morgan Chase & Co
- HDFC Bank
- SBI Life Insurance2
2. For Technology Domain
- AGS Transact
- Mahindra Comviva
- Mahindra Comviva
3. For Automobile and Manufacturing domain
- Bajaj Auto
- Godrej & Boyce
- Tata Steel
- Maruti Suzuki
- Tata Motors
4. For FMCG domain
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- Godrej Consumer Products