10 Tips to Crack CETAnisha Mukhija
The Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra for admission to MBA colleges. It is a test of speed which contains 200 questions supposed to be answered in 150 minutes. Though the relieving part is that there is no negative marking. how to crack cet:
- HOW TO CRACK CET
1. First of all, get hold of practice papers/mock tests that help build speed that is of utmost importance during this test. It is a test of speed and accuracy, and practice makes an aspirant perfect in this aforementioned test.
2. One major difference in CET (over other MBA entrances) is that questions from different test areas are jumbled. The first question might be from Verbal Ability and the question following the first could be from either Quantitative Aptitude or Logical Reasoning.
3. For any entrance, visiting NCERT books of elementary school is necessary; likewise for CET. Concept over application; in fact, concept along with application require this.
4. Tables, squares, and cubes need to be on your tips for successful mental calculation. These are major areas of Arithmetic topic in quants. You should try to develop approximations, decimal fractions, and percentage for better performance.
5. You can improve your vocabulary by referring to newspapers and reading books; also by adhering to a dictionary regularly. You need to learn new words, adopt the right usage and ensure that you have an eye for mistakes.
6. Identify your strengths and weaknesses because it gets imperative to turn your weaknesses into strengths and refine your strengths further in the race to succeed.
7. Avoid Procrastination: Candidate must avoid delay in studying the syllabus . One must check in advance whether all the topics are understood.
8. Only practice makes man perfect. The more you practice more easily you will be able to solve the problems. Each attempt will help one understand something that you have forgotten earlier.
9. Develop a discipline of solving questions 30 minutes per day. If you do that, you develop patience and speed to excel in the 150 minutes final test.
10. Once you’ve identified your strengths and weaknesses, it is really important to set small improvement targets and see if you are meeting those targets. You climb a ladder, one step a time, not all at once. It is also to analyze your progress from time to time. One should also be aware of the CET exam pattern of the previous year
11. It’s not limited to pre-exam preparation. You need to follow the strategic approach even during the test. Questions can be marked to be revisited later if not answered in the first go. Doing this increases accuracy as well as total attempts in the exam.
12. Last but definitely not the least, as important as anything else is sufficient rest for the body. You should ensure that you eat healthy during the exam season and sleep well to be fresh enough to retain as well as apply.