Many Faces of E-LearningAnisha Mukhija
E-learning is the new way through which one can learn anything and everything online. It is the easiest mode used to grab the opportunity of gaining knowledge about new things on the go. An individual can take up more than one online course and update their CV as well as increase their knowledge. E-learning helps students and professionals who want to go for distance learning.
There are two types of E-learning such as educational training and corporate training. Educational training is related to concepts and topics that help school and college students to understand and clear their doubts. Subjects like Math’s, Science, English are taught. There are courses for corporate training as well, such as Digital marketing, and various other online courses.
Benefits of E-learning:
- Easy to access.
- Better way of understanding the concepts.
- One can complete more than one course.
- It can be learned anywhere anytime.
- Reduces time as compared to traditional learning.
- Transportation costs is avoided.
- Ability to repeat the course.
- Fast Learning.
There are some technologies used in e-learning which are as follows:
Disadvantages of E-learning:
- No face-to-face interaction.
- Lack of self-discipline.
- Expensive courses.
- No input from trainers.
- Concepts are mostly theoretical and not practical.
- Authentication of the user.
- Questions are objective in nature.
- Individuals don’t exactly finish their course.
Importance of E-learning:
- One gets acquainted with digital literacy.
- Activity and ROI.
- One can learn any course of their choice.
- Comfort and convenient.
We can conclude by saying that e-learning is a very beneficial factor in terms of distance learning. Individuals can get themselves educated even during their work hours and for students who want to go for job as well as complete their education. As distance learning makes it comfortable and also students and professionals get their own space.