How to complete Cat syllabus in 40 daysAnisha Mukhija
How to complete Cat syllabus in 40 days
Preparation Plan for CAT
Never stop your preparation: –
In Quantitative Aptitude Section:
- According to the previous year statistics, you need to be God in Arithmetic to ace this exam as it consists of nearly 50% of QA section i.e. approx. 11-12 questions in actual CAT exam paper.
- After this, consider Algebra, Geometry, Modern Maths then Special Topics.https://youtube.com/shorts/DTFPtWYu7E8?feature=share
In Verbal Ability Section:
- Read AEON essays daily for RCs. Reading Aeon essays has three steps and those are Firstly, read Aeon Ideas, Secondly, Aeon Essays and Thirdly, Aeon Psyche. Search CATKing Aeon for specific results in CAT topics.
- Do para-jumbles, para-summary and out of context questions thoroughly. There come 8 questions from these topics in VA.
In Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section:
- Choose one between both. We recommend LR for non-engineers and DI for engineer candidates.
Monetary Plan for MBA: –
Before planning for an MBA know that in India, MBA is commonly the highest degree one gets as very few pursue PhDs after their PG. so, your MBA has to be from the best college. You will be branded with your college and keep the badge for the next 40 years of your professional life. Number one has to be joining a coaching where you find value for money. You must Beg, Borrow, Steal if aiming for top business schools.
There are 2 courses highly recommended by previous CATKing toppers currently sitting in top IIMs of the world:
|TURBO COURSE||INTENSIVE COURSE|
|8 months of CAT preparation mainly from April to November.||CAT and non-cat preparation from April to next year April.|
|Expenditure: 10,000 INR for CAT forms + 20,000 INR coaching fees. Altogether, 30,000 INR.||25,000 INR for CAT and NON-CAT forms + 25,000 for coaching. Altogether, 50,000 INR.|
|After November, we have Jan, Feb, March for GDPI, WAT and PI calls converting process.||Oct- NMAT
Dec- IIFT, SNAP, MICAT
Jan- XAT, TISSNET
Feb- MICAT2, SNAP 2.
March to April- GDPI, WAT PI, CDPI calls and converting process.
|June- end of entrance Preparation and beginning of actual MBA journey.||June- end of entrance Preparation and beginning of actual MBA journey.|
Timetable for CAT
On a daily basis, cover topic from two sections atleast, example
|Quantitative Ability||Data Interpretation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Verbal Ability||Quantitative Ability|
Here, in 3 days, you are covering everything atleast twice. You need to do this on weekdays repeatedly and then on weekends, Revise everything, Consolidate and give a mock. Give a mock on Saturday preferably then analyze the same on Sunday.
Work-ex individuals are recommended to study 1 hour before going to office and 1 hour after coming from office daily.
Freshers have plenty of time to study. They must target solving atleast 20 questions each day.
All the best!