How To Crack TISSNETRahul Singh
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai offers a variety of courses for post-graduation, but for a management aspirant, M.A in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations is of prime interest. In this article, we will discuss how to crack TISS. The selection process to TISS is a three-step process:
1. National Entrance Test which is a computer-based exam, TISSNET
2.Descriptive type written test, After you clear the TISSNET
3.Personal Interview which happens for all programs.
Now that we know the TISS selection structure let’s discuss the important things you need to follow while you prepare for TISS:
- Strengthen your fundamentals because concepts will help you get through both Mathematics and English.
- Along with fundamentals, what is absolutely necessary is a stronghold at questions; which requires practice so that the comfort level with questions increases.
- Both current and static components of awareness need to be imbibed for a better attempt of the General Knowledge section.
- General knowledge questions can pop from anywhere, around anything happening in the world. You need to be aware of the vastness of this section which essentially means that you need to be aware of just about every news item in the immediate as well as far off the environment.
- A strategy is not complete without application, and in this case, it is important to practice mocks to test the application of the strategy and develop a test-taking approach that works in your favor.
- Once you’re adept at giving mocks, start analyzing them. Analyzing mocks help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
7. Once you’ve identified your strengths and weaknesses, start working on them in a manner that helps you convert your weaknesses into strengths and strengthens your strengths further to help you ace the examination.
8. Your strength/weakness revolves around language. And the only way to brush up on your language skills is by developing a habit to read. Reading newspapers, books, magazines help you improve your grammar as well as increase vocabulary.
9. Along with strategy and application, what is imperative and essential is Health. You need to ensure that you eat, sleep and exercise enough to stay fresh and active at all times.
10. What might work in some situations is a time table, a regular schedule that you can abide by. It not only keeps you regular but also helps you monitor your success at each preceding/succeeding level.
Related Links: TISSNET Analysis